Skyrim

Status
Not open for further replies.

You need to disenchant something with that perk before you can add it. You'll need to check a guide for what items you can add each perk to.

I'll have a mess round tonight. I've still got about 50k worth of potions to sell so I can start buying all the enchanted gear to disenchant.

Also just remembered I think there's a perk which adds 100 carry weight which I haven't used yet so might not be an issue.

Crazy how big this game is. Level 35 and one just finished the quest that activates the dragons. haven't done a quest for over 10 hours or so I've just been hammering smithing and alchemy :lol:

I must have started this game about five games but I've never got that far. I can't remember if I started to get into a vampire or werewolf stage - maybe that was a save that I tried in the past.

I seem to be asking this for most of the RPGs, but any advice for someone who would more than likely be starting out from scratch again? It's been quite a while since I last played it.

I must have started this game about five games but I've never got that far. I can't remember if I started to get into a vampire or werewolf stage - maybe that was a save that I tried in the past.

I seem to be asking this for most of the RPGs, but any advice for someone who would more than likely be starting out from scratch again? It's been quite a while since I last played it.
You can't fuck yourself in skyrim, just go for it.

You can't fuck yourself in skyrim, just go for it.
Just wondering if there was any 'better' route, ie doing a set of quests first or going to a certain place?
I also remember going to that monastery or whatever it was up that huge mountain, but have no idea if I'd have that save still.

Shame the 360 version isn't backwards compatible yet.

Just wondering if there was any 'better' route, ie doing a set of quests first or going to a certain place?
I also remember going to that monastery or whatever it was up that huge mountain, but have no idea if I'd have that save still.

There are a few quest lines:

Main plot.
Companions
Mages College
Thieves Guild
Dark Brotherhood

And a shit ton of side quests.

Realistically you could be at the monastery within a couple of hours if you wanted to focus on the main quest line on a new save.

Progress the main story until you get to white run

Go to the inn and talk to the companions and start there quest line

Get a cart ride to Riften and join the thieves guild. So many perks to completing their quest line

Hammer smithing and alchemy from as early as possible

I'm level 35 and that's as far as I am with a hand full of random quests I've picked up from just talking to people. Actually I've not finished the companions quests yet so I'm not even that far.

Game is massive and you can play for hours without following any quest line.

My last 10 hours of playing it have been pickpocketing, being an alchemist, smithing and the occasion side quest.

I didn't know how to use alchemy until @Some Random Guy explained on here. There's hundreds of guides if you google exactly what you want to do

Edit - I spent hundreds of hours on the PS3 version and I'm still finding new things to do and quests I've never done. For example, i somehow still haven't done or even found the dark brotherhood :lol:

Last edited:
Progress the main story until you get to white run

Go to the inn and talk to the companions and start there quest line

Get a cart ride to Riften and join the thieves guild. So many perks to completing their quest line

Hammer smithing and alchemy from as early as possible

I'm level 35 and that's as far as I am with a hand full of random quests I've picked up from just talking to people. Actually I've not finished the companions quests yet so I'm not even that far.

Game is massive and you can play for hours without following any quest line.

My last 10 hours of playing it have been pickpocketing, being an alchemist, smithing and the occasion side quest.

I didn't know how to use alchemy until @Some Random Guy explained on here. There's hundreds of guides if you google exactly what you want to do
Cheers! I've always been useless with magic type things in games so I'll definitely have to look for some guides.
I've got a feeling that I still have a save on my 360 but I'll look to see if I've done those things. I've got a few achievements but whether that's on an existing save or not, I'm not sure. Could probably do with starting from scratch again.

Good shout, takes ages though. Getting them all without a guide is impossible too, even I needed one for a couple.
True, some decent quests to do to get them so not much of a chore.

What is a chore is my game has broken with the black books, done them all and should be off to chin miraak but the final f***ing gate won't open.

What type of gate is it, a portcullis?
Final chapter of the last black book you walk up a ramp to a gate that should be open which leads to a large open space with 2 of the ghostly floating things to kill and you have to fly to miraak on the dragon. All of which is apocraphia or however you spell it.

The gate this person runs through at the very start.

Final chapter of the last black book you walk up a ramp to a gate that should be open which leads to a large open space with 2 of the ghostly floating things to kill and you have to fly to miraak on the dragon. All of which is apocraphia or however you spell it.

The gate this person runs through at the very start.

There's a glitch with a wooden plate and whirlwind sprint that should get you through it. Not ideal but it gets it done.

There's a glitch with a wooden plate and whirlwind sprint that should get you through it. Not ideal but it gets it done.
Aye I have seen that done before, might fire it up and give it a go. From the bugtracker website it seems others have the same problem.

Ended up finding a some teleport scrolls on a different quest that allowed me to get past the gate. (Wooden plate didn't work or I wasn't doing it right)

Game is crashing loads now, hope it sorts itself out after Killing miraak. @Some Random Guy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back