Sky....

I’ve got the sports but not films. I have netflix and prime for that.

I wish I could get baseball but I’m not buying BT as well.

I got sent a link from someone about a free access to baseball but as yet I have not taken this up.

Similar. Unless something really takes my fancy the telly seems to be background noise. But never an actual Sky channel
I’ve watched the Sopranos to death..due to circumstances i never get to see the football..the odd episode of Friends or Peep Show..the Movies are of little interest..contract is up in August..think I’ll be gone for good this time.

Cancelled my sky package and it got switched off last week. Was paying nearly £50 a month (with the latest price rises) for Sky Entertainment/Signature, HD (a joke that it's a separate charge) and multiroom.

Now down to Freeview channels on the Sky Q box until I have to send it back to them. Won't miss it.

Gave my month's notice yesterday, after having been with Sky for 19 years. Year on year, I get what I consider to be an affordable, reasonable new deal. This year however, the new offer was up 28%, from £79 to £101.50, for broadband, Sky Q Signature, Sports, Netflix, multiscreen, HD/UHD (no Cinema) etc.
Phoned them to squeeze bit more out of them, but retentions offered £89.50 at best, still 13% up. I tried to use Virgin's deals (now servicing the area) as leverage for a better deal, but they weren't having it. Took a punt and cancelled, to hopefully smoke them out for a better deal. I'll play the waiting game for the next few weeks, hopefully a better offer forthcoming.

Really? :eek: The full monty?
Gave my month's notice yesterday, after having been with Sky for 19 years. Year on year, I get what I consider to be an affordable, reasonable new deal. This year however, the new offer was up 28%, from £79 to £101.50, for broadband, Sky Q Signature, Sports, Netflix, multiscreen, HD/UHD (no Cinema) etc.
Phoned them to squeeze bit more out of them, but retentions offered £89.50 at best, still 13% up. I tried to use Virgin's deals (now servicing the area) as leverage for a better deal, but they weren't having it. Took a punt and cancelled, to hopefully smoke them out for a better deal. I'll play the waiting game for the next few weeks, hopefully a better offer forthcoming.

Really? :eek: The full monty?
Update: For anyone remotely interested, left to sweat it out until a week before disconnection. Got a call, and offered £78.50, only just below the last contract price, but accepted it, given that the renewal cost was £101.50. Worthwhile handing in the notice period, to get a better deal.

Last edited:
Been with BT now for 2 year since leaving Sky, sh1te. Want to get deal for decent broadband, tv and phone. Dont want sports or movies, got firestick. Is it worth getting sky q or just normal? Could do with extra coverage for broadband as house has blind spots.

Back