Sky....

I did the same. They rang me eventually and I got a deal that was roughly the same price as I had been paying. Made me work a lot harder for it this time than they normally do and wouldn't budge on the broadband price. Also the woman on the phone told me the wrong price (had to honour it as she'd wrote it in the notes).
They've done that to me twice, it's just a customer satisfaction technique. You think you've got one over on them so you're happy.

Their wifi guarentee is a con, extra fiver a month they dont tell you about. And only any use if you argue with them enough they send youone of their wifi boosters. Annoying thing is you can get way better mesh systems for about £50 off amazon but they make it increadibly difficult to use them with their router.

I sacked them off and switched to plusnet, saved a good chunk of money every month and recieved a £100 gift card I used to buy a mesh system.

Gonna cancel when my year is up. Dunno why I even took it out. Barely anything on Sky I actually watch apart from the odd war documentary

I should probably do it now and say I've lost my job or something

Sky tv, broadband and landline

Go on the chat thing for cancellations and they have to try and keep you and throw freebies
Online is cheaper than telephone deals
What channel packages do you get? When you say ‘everything‘ I presume that includes cinema, sports, entertainment, kids, Netflix, 4K, multi room etc…

All that plus broadband for £60 is impressive.

Think mines just went up by around a scuba diver to about £79 - broadband, line rental, Q signature, sports and cinema.

It’s one of them where a few elements are discounted cos I’ve got certain others. Ideally would cancel the discounted movies but I suspect my discount on the sports would go leading to my bill rocketing up.

Due for renewal in October so god knows what I’ll be quoted then…

Think mines just went up by around a scuba diver to about £79 - broadband, line rental, Q signature, sports and cinema.

It’s one of them where a few elements are discounted cos I’ve got certain others. Ideally would cancel the discounted movies but I suspect my discount on the sports would go leading to my bill rocketing up.

Due for renewal in October so god knows what I’ll be quoted then…
You appear to have the same package as we do. Ours was up last week. Missus called them. Ours now has Netflix as well and went down by £12.50pm.
No idea how.

You appear to have the same package as we do. Ours was up last week. Missus called them. Ours now has Netflix as well and went down by £12.50pm.
No idea how.
Just seems like it’s made up on the fly, we could probably have a few of us on here ring up wanting the same package over course of a few days and we’d likely end up with different costs.

Gonna cancel when my year is up. Dunno why I even took it out. Barely anything on Sky I actually watch apart from the odd war documentary

We've got the lot from Sky and it all works superbly so I would not be without it.

same as Apple - we've all got iphones and ipads and will never change. Also got Netfix which we rarely watch, Amazon prime and the normal terrestrial TV.

For some reason we cannot get netflix to work on the Tv so we have to watch it on Ipad - bugga

I wonder what its like "outside" these days?
'Outside' Samsung is better than Apple 😁😁

Moved house last week, rang sky to change over etc then found out sky don’t do broadband where we moved to.

Moved everything to Virgin, seems pretty good

Update... after putting notice to cancel in I got a letter in the post saying contact us for an exclusive offer…

Rang them up and now they’re offering Q Signature, Sports, cinema, Netflix, uhd and multi room for £60 per month for 18 months. Can renew my broadband for the same term for £28. Think I’m probably going to go for it they’re going to ring me back on Friday.

I phoned them beginning of February..told them i couldn’t afford it due to Covid..shorter hours..etc..they knocked £27 a month off my contract..gave me Sky movies and upgraded my internet to Sky fibre..and like you say 7 weeks later and it’s back up £5.

So you're 22 quid better off?

Just spoke to them this morning to cancel. They asked for the opportunity to offer a deal which they did and it was shite. On the phone a good 30 mins and just ended up cancelling the lot.

That’s the thing with Sky..I’ve cancelled before then gone back because of the football..doesn’t take long to realise how shite it is..I’ve got the sports and movies..I’m off work and there’s nothing of interest to me on there at the moment..I’d rather be messing about on here.

That’s the thing with Sky..I’ve cancelled before then gone back because of the football..doesn’t take long to realise how shite it is..I’ve got the sports and movies..I’m off work and there’s nothing of interest to me on there at the moment..I’d rather be messing about on here.
Similar. Unless something really takes my fancy the telly seems to be background noise. But never an actual Sky channel

Back