SKY

First time I've done it. To be honest I'll probably end up taking the 30% the day before its due to go off. They Mrs and my son would make my life hell if we didn't have it!

Don't you not need an ariel for this? I don't have one, just a dish.
I’m not sure, I think it’s a streaming device so only need internet. Could be wrong though so check.

It’s worth buying one now for a couple of weeks, if it’s good cancel if it’s not you’ve only lost £12.50.

I’m not sure, I think it’s a streaming device so only need internet. Could be wrong though so check.

It’s worth buying one now for a couple of weeks, if it’s good cancel if it’s not you’ve only lost £12.50.
Checked it out. Sky stuff is streaming but for bbc etc you need an ariel. Can't even use free view because I don't have an ariel!

Still can't believe how much they charge like. Their film selection isn't great, they don't have Champions League any more, or any England games, I find most of their "entertainment" channels a load of shite. I enjoy box sets but I'd rather wait and buy them on dvd, or subscribe to Netflix and the likes. Suppose it's worth it if you've got kids, or a missus who is determined to watch a pile of shite, but personally I'd get next to nothing from a sky subscription, hundred odd quid a month is ridiculous

Ive only got the basic package at £21 a month and weve got loads recorded, just dont have time to watch it all. So i dont know how those with film and sport packages manage to fit it all in.
Theyve offered us the film package for an extra tenner, which owa lass is keen. Im having none of it as there about 20 films saved on our box which some have been there over a year and not yet watched.

Don’t blink first! Have in your head what you will pay offer them 20% less and let them turn you off if needs be. I’m with virgin and pay £42 for 100mb broadband, tv and full tv package minus movies and sky sports. I’m happy with that but reckon I can get it cheaper this time, I’m aiming for £35.

Was on a £24pm HD tv with all channels deal which expired and they offered a new deal at £30 pm then £35pm . Currently running down my notice with 2 weeks to go, would only renew at £24pm or less.

They have lost champions league and the ashes recently so should be cheaper really

Told them that any every movie you call up u have to pay for....they can get Fooked this time give BT a whirl for a while

U mental £1,500 a year for fookin telly and internet?
When I was a kid watching two channels of black and white tv I'd have thought you were mad if you told me that one day people will pay £1500 a year to watch the tele. Back then you could buy a house for that amount with change left over to fully furnish it. We really are mugs us consumers we get the piss taken and ask for more please.:neutral:

Anywhere I can get a list of available freeview channels reckon our lass only watches the same using our Virgin account.
For Christ's sake she only watches sd when hd options are available does my head in sure she just does it to wind me up :evil:

Entertainment pass is about 8 quid a month (sometimes cheaper if you look for deals). Still a damn sight cheaper than having sky

Its cheaper but had a look at what you get not sure its entirely better value. Lots of channels you dont get that you get with the sky basic package plus the ability to record and download.

First time I've done it. To be honest I'll probably end up taking the 30% the day before its due to go off. They Mrs and my son would make my life hell if we didn't have it!

Don't you not need an ariel for this? I don't have one, just a dish.

Don’t blame you ! They are tight as fuck now. Don’t let your broadband go too far down the line before changing your mind (if you have it) because if you leave it too long they can’t stop the disconnection and it’s normally a week or two before they can put it back on.

When I was a kid watching two channels of black and white tv I'd have thought you were mad if you told me that one day people will pay £1500 a year to watch the tele. Back then you could buy a house for that amount with change left over to fully furnish it. We really are mugs us consumers we get the piss taken and ask for more please.:neutral:

Yep now kids are having a meltdown in our 5 TV household 'cos they'll be down to 100 channels Amazon, Netflix, Fookin Youtube and unlimited internet......shoulda done it years ago....

Back