Sky question

Status
Not open for further replies.

daventry cat

Striker
Moving house soon so will need to cancel sky I will want it in our new place(although I don't know where yet) what's the best reason to give to ensure getting a good offer to comeback? .............or should I just take it out as new customer( currently in the Mrs(no) name)

New customer. I recently got a telly and £100 prepaid credit card.

They usually just move the service to new address so you don't need to cancel it but worth ringing and saying new home expenses are too high , seen a good deal with BT (there are some cracking ones btw) etc. If you cancel you have to give a months notice so ring them asap

I'd bin the cunts. I'm down my sister's currently and I find it worse than freeview as they just dilute the already shit channels with doubler HD versions and hundreds of other channels that show an even worse level of shit or shit in Welsh. And they pay through the nose for the privilege!

They usually just move the service to new address so you don't need to cancel it but worth ringing and saying new home expenses are too high , seen a good deal with BT (there are some cracking ones btw) etc. If you cancel you have to give a months notice so ring them asap
Haven't got new address yet and need to give notice today and I don't see them offering anything just for moving

See if there's a new customer offer. They were giving away TVs recently
No TVs but sky and fibre bband for about £35 is what I'm seeing

Haven't got new address yet and need to give notice today and I don't see them offering anything just for moving

They won't offer you anything for moving no , I'm going to be looking at offers etc tomorrow as our year with BT is over and debating next move - let me know what you're offered as a new customer with sky please ?

I'd bin the cunts. I'm down my sister's currently and I find it worse than freeview as they just dilute the already shit channels with doubler HD versions and hundreds of other channels that show an even worse level of shit or shit in Welsh. And they pay through the nose for the privilege!

:lol: I only pay £9 a month for mine. Couple of pints.

So how did you negotiate all this? Over the phone? In person?
Via chat. Handed in my notice via chat. Went back on three weeks later and they straight up offered me the discounts. Went on just other month to complain about BB speeds and got a discounted line rental for 6 months.

I gave them notice a few weeks ago - they were all over me like a rash within a few days

I'm between houses at the moment and I'm sitting on 60% discount to come back

I'll wait and see how far we go when we get to the new place but quite happy to use other means until they do

Moving house soon so will need to cancel sky I will want it in our new place(although I don't know where yet) what's the best reason to give to ensure getting a good offer to comeback? .............or should I just take it out as new customer( currently in the Mrs(no) name)

Have a search on twitter etc loads of staff always giving offers. Half price deals etc.

Via chat. Handed in my notice via chat. Went back on three weeks later and they straight up offered me the discounts. Went on just other month to complain about BB speeds and got a discounted line rental for 6 months.
Did you give an excuse for the notice

I gave them notice a few weeks ago - they were all over me like a rash within a few days

I'm between houses at the moment and I'm sitting on 60% discount to come back

I'll wait and see how far we go when we get to the new place but quite happy to use other means until they do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back