Sky presenter on fans

We’ve went behind in practically every home game in the last 3 year. Crowd hardly ever gets on the teams back. When we went down with a whimper (twice) the atmosphere wasn’t difficult in the games we were shite, people were simply fed up and drained

Tried to put words in the mouth of Willis, Maguire, Ross and then even Micky Gray post game.

Supporters quick to turn , always a hard place in front of these fans etc etc

Newsflash, we are sick of watching sh*te mate, no different to any other fanbase. In both games this year the fans have supportive largely - numbers speak for themselves.

Place goes ballistic when we get a corner, which shows how starved we are of anything decent happening mostly.

Quick to turn ? QUICK TO f***ing TURN????

We must be slowest supporters in the history of football to f***ing turn for christ's sake. Getting onto our 8th consecutive season of continuing a downward spiral, utter shite football for 99% of it, 2 relegations, a spell of one calendar year without a home win, 2 Wembley defeats in 3 months, worst ever league finish in 140 years, endless players ripping the piss out of the club, refusing to play, going to jail, not turning up to training, alcoholics, scandal after scandal, manager after manager with every excuse under the sun, all laid bare on Netflix for the world to see, and we start the season with 2 of the worst performances any of us have ever seen, and still get nearly 30k yesterday for a live TV game, still didn't turn on them after going behind, still got behind them, and still feeling a little twinge like we've won the world cup for grinding out a 2-1 win.

We should be hailed as the bastion of patient and loyal support the mad bastards . Fuck them all

We must be slowest supporters in the history of football to f***ing turn for christ's sake. Getting onto our 8th consecutive season of continuing a downward spiral, utter shite football for 99% of it, 2 relegations, a spell of one calendar year without a home win, 2 Wembley defeats in 3 months, worst ever league finish in 140 years, endless players ripping the piss out of the club, refusing to play, going to jail, not turning up to training, alcoholics, scandal after scandal, manager after manager with every excuse under the sun, all laid bare on Netflix for the world to see, and we start the season with 2 of the worst performances any of us have ever seen, and still get nearly 30k yesterday for a live TV game, still didn't turn on them after going behind, still got behind them, and still feeling a little twinge like we've won the world cup for grinding out a 2-1 win.

We should be hailed as the bastion of patient and loyal support the mad bastards . Fuck them all

And relax!!!

We’ve went behind in practically every home game in the last 3 year. Crowd hardly ever gets on the teams back. When we went down with a whimper (twice) the atmosphere wasn’t difficult in the games we were shite, people were simply fed up and drained
Spot on.
I must be missing something when I hear all this shit about we’re difficult to play in front of.
In my time believe me i’ve seen when a crowd turns, especially at Roker Park in some of the shit times.
The backing of the team in the last couple of seasons has been good, despite being at our lowest ever levels, what was the problem on Saturday or the first home game?
So they got booed off by some against Oxford but within the game there wasn’t a problem, you’re always going to get some moaners.
I know one thing, do the business and there’s no better place to play, ask Reidy or Quinny or Super Kev.
These present players are privileged to be playing at the SOL.

The post of the year.

Last edited:

Back