1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky BT and other ISPs trying to ban Kodi and now streaming sites

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Bagpuss, Mar 14, 2017.

1. GK

GK Striker

SM was perfect today.

2. Can ISP's block at individual IP level?

UM (SM) blocked by Virgin last week for me but son-in-law on Virgin could access it fine! I thought it would be a generic block?

3. viccarlton

viccarlton Striker

When I cancelled Sky last year I asked the person on the other end of the phone" wouldn't you rather have £40 a month off me as opposed to nothing?" , of course their reply was " sorry it isn't me who sets the prices" so I cancelled and now they get nowt.

4. It would be network level mate. Of course they could do individual but that wouldn't make sense.

Same for you today? Maybe just a glitch last week.

5. It was a bit buffery but swapped to spmc and was totally fine so I probably just needed to switch server .

davoak likes this.
  6. Pallion exile

Pallion exile Central Defender

Anybody able to tell me roughly how much data is used watching a match on a mobile phone, please? My allowance is 1Gb per month, but I have no idea what that gets me.

7. Skrabble

Skrabble Midfield

You would eat that up quick if it was a HD streams.

Download 3g watchdog and it tracks your data consumption.

Pallion exile likes this.
  8. Pallion exile

Pallion exile Central Defender

ta, I'll give it a go.

9. Barboza dh9

Barboza dh9 Midfield

Sky have blocked Mobdro today

10. Kobayashi

Kobayashi Central Defender

Wonder if they'll follow up this action with a tougher stance on us cancellation jockeys......

11. Malloy

Malloy Full Back

The app on tablets? Just tried mine and it's working. I never use it like, been about 4 or 5 month since the last time I opened it.

12. DaveH

DaveH Striker

Does anyone know of a website that Sky blocks? I am interested in seeing what ways there are to access it.

13. Malloy

Malloy Full Back

Probably any big name torrent sites

14. Barboza dh9

Barboza dh9 Midfield

Was me tablet and Samsung Phone back on now ,, happened to loads

15. i cant be arsed to download and try cos its shite always has been but i know lads on sky BB , who watched it tonite no probs

loads mate, try any torrent site

16. Interesting.
    Most likely that the site itself was down for a while. It's not really in ISP's interest to block websites without a court order.

17. ErichZann

ErichZann Winger

I'm with Sky and just tried mine - it works fine.

18. Barboza dh9

Barboza dh9 Midfield

Didn't work on WiFi ,as soon as I put them on 4g through Vodafone came on straight away

19. alexander

alexander Striker

We get all the games we want from around Europe, including the UK, via Danish telly or their websites. Their websites are included in the subscriptions and every single Premiership or CL match is shown either live or delayed either on the telly channels or their websites. My VPN comes with a variety of host countries and when am in the NE I log onto the Danish one and when back home I use one of the many UK ones from the list available. But must admit with footie being freely available here in Scandinavia I mostly use my VPN to watch and keep up with EastEnders. :oops:

There used to be a ruling in place saying no English (nor any other country's) football could be shown live on Danish telly when there was a match on from the Danish league. But the ruling changed years ago and now they have matches on all through the week-end. If the Danish FA could change the ruling I fail to grasp why the English FA cannot do similar ? It must be frustrating to know people all over Europe can watch live 3pm kick-offs on the telly but being in the country the match is being played in means you can't. It would frustrate me and am not easily frustrated.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  20. ouro

ouro Striker

I use that but still got a warning email as they could 'see' me seeding through uTorrent. I think that's the explanation, anyway.