Sky BT and other ISPs trying to ban Kodi and now streaming sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but, to me, it won't matter if you have VPN or not because they are targeting the servers, not the end user.

If they find a server streaming the game illegally, they shut down that server whether you're in UK, Europe, Africa etc...
Or am I wrong?

They arent, they are targeting the servers with a view to blocking access. They can't take down the servers, they can try and block access to them though through their equipment.

They arent, they are targeting the servers with a view to blocking access. They can't take down the servers, they can try and block access to them though through their equipment.

Got you.
So they can only ask the UK ISP to block access which would mean, if your access appears to be somewhere else, you can't be blocked.
Thanks!

Got you.
So they can only ask the UK ISP to block access which would mean, if your access appears to be somewhere else, you can't be blocked.
Thanks!

The server will effectively not exist if it's blocked by the ISP. Obviously if you connect via a VPN then you're not directly connecting to the server from your ISP and they'll just see traffic coming from the VPN instead, so that'll still work.

Exactly mate yep! Ultimately, they have failed before starting.

I suppose it puts another variable into the mix though. If the stream drops out, people will blame the VPN, or might blame the streaming service even though it's the VPN etc.

I suppose it puts another variable into the mix though. If the stream drops out, people will blame the VPN, or might blame the streaming service even though it's the VPN etc.

Oh. aye it'll be chaos eventually. People wont understand whats going on.

X is shite!
Y is shite!
Z is shite!

etc etc..

For those who watch via android phones over the phone networks- will this impede them, surely they won't be affected?

Oh. aye it'll be chaos eventually. People wont understand whats going on.

X is shite!
Y is shite!
Z is shite!

etc etc..

Aye, it'll be like when people were saying NBC couldn't cope with the bandwidth, despite it working fine in the USA. Nowt to do with the vpn/smart dns.

Problem we may see over the next few weeks, if the major vpns have a huge upturn in subs, all paying to watch 3pm games the bandwidth might run out during match time. Im with PIA, never missed a beat in 2 years but I'm not very confident that will be the case in the near future. Just have to hope the vpns use the extra income to buy more servers / bandwidth.

Problem we may see over the next few weeks, if the major vpns have a huge upturn in subs, all paying to watch 3pm games the bandwidth might run out during match time. Im with PIA, never missed a beat in 2 years but I'm not very confident that will be the case in the near future. Just have to hope the vpns use the extra income to buy more servers / bandwidth.

I'd be surprised if there was a hit on VPN's. Especially the bigger ones mate. The traffic that will go through then currently will be huge (for torrents etc.) steaming will be small scale in comparison I guess.

The smaller ones however may suffer. The free ones definitely will!

I'd be surprised if there was a hit on VPN's. Especially the bigger ones mate. The traffic that will go through then currently will be huge (for torrents etc.) steaming will be small scale in comparison I guess.

The smaller ones however may suffer. The free ones definitely will!

Hope so on the fisrt part of your post, no one can expect or complain if the freebies fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back