Sky BT and other ISPs trying to ban Kodi and now streaming sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much would exile mlfs pay if it was ppv for home games? Would people living in the area pay to watch it on the tele rather than go?
Home game televised season tickets must be more attractive for some.

Some techy super hero please tell a techIdiot what the fuck I'll have to do to watch the owld football through the Kodi box? VPN????????

I'm on Virgin and have Sportsmania

I have to use a vpn for work!
Probably similar situation to using a proxy server. An example would be the NHS whose internet traffic is routed through N3 connection. If they blocked VPNs then i am sure proxy servers would be lumped in with that.

I would imagine security services and IT security experts would also use VPNs to help them in their work. The irony if they did ban them and then opened up the interent again as the IT experts couldnt track usage

If my sub was blocked somehow, I'd go without. Fuck am I paying near 100 quid a month to watch the top 4 and a zillion channels full of drivel. That includes a season ticket to watch sunderland specific games. They'd take the piss with the price of those if they ever came about

In fairness, it's not Sky's fault - it's the law that says no 3pms can be televised.

If the law changed Sky would be all over it IMO

Absolutely no way. Ever!

VPN's are used for a whole host of legal things. Not a chance in hell they would/could block them.

netflix tried blocking them & it worked for a bit till vpn's fought back :D

people don't mind paying, its the yearly price increase's & to get footy you have to take the rest the crap also.

everyone has there breaking point over what they'll pay.

know a couple in there 70's getting sick of price increases and switched to kodi , I refuse to line murdochs pockets.

Last edited:
I find it strange to see people happy to spend hundreds on monthly car payments and iPhones but not to pay for Premier League football.

I pay £100 a month for Sky and BT, why should I be subsidising the thieves?

You either pay for it or you don't have it, trying to justify stealing is ridiculous!

I find it strange to see people happy to spend hundreds on monthly car payments and iPhones but not to pay for Premier League football.

You either pay for it or you don't have it, trying to justify stealing is ridiculous!
But its not theft is it? How can you steal a live event?

You are one of my favourite posters.

Also paying £100 pm is what has helped to create this in the first place. Allowing BT and SKy to bid billions for football

Because you don't get all of the games which people want...not really difficult to understand.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but, to me, it won't matter if you have VPN or not because they are targeting the servers, not the end user.

If they find a server streaming the game illegally, they shut down that server whether you're in UK, Europe, Africa etc...
Or am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back