Sky broadband

does the sky box and sky router just not have network ports you could run a git long cable under the carpet from

15m cat5/6 cable costs way less than some homeplugs (though I use netgear 1200 homeplugs...thanks to the wife and her wooden floor, I do like them as they means good speeds in the bedrooms as well)

Last edited:

It won't handle 4k iso's/mkvs streaming across a LAN, but if he's just watching 4k on netflix etc then 15-30mbit is enough mate.

Its just for Netflix etc. For 4k files I just plug in a hard drive. I have had buffering with 1080p through Plex now and again. Reckon this might solve that?

does the sky box and sky router just not have network ports you could run a git long cable under the carpet from

15m cat5/6 cable costs way less than some homeplugs (though I use netgear 1200 homeplugs...thanks to the wife and her wooden floor, I do like them as they means good speeds in the bedrooms as well)

Would have happily done that but we've got new carpet now so will not be allowed to touch that!

Its just for Netflix etc. For 4k files I just plug in a hard drive. I have had buffering with 1080p through Plex now and again. Reckon this might solve that?

All through wifi? If so, yep, wifi is crap for streaming on the most part it's too temperamental. Where possible, always hard wire stuff.

Buy your home plugs online for sure, try them, if they are no good you can return within 14 days.

I use netgear homeplugs..been very reliable..got a good deal on 4 of them PLP1200 88 quid for four of them thanks to amazon black friday sale

goes from the gigabit port on my router...gives as good a speed right through the house than right at the router

Back