Sky Broadband help

dafunk2

Winger
Do any of the wise SMB work for Sky...specifically in a technical capacity in relation to broadband? Needing some help in relation to no longer being able to use my employers IPSEC VPN solution for remote access...

I Won't have to worry about it much longer ,this foreign sounding lady keeps phoning me and saying it's going to be cut off , and telling me to press no.1 if I want to keep it.

I have problems with my work vpn on sky. They mess with the dns. Putting stuff in my hosts file helped with some of the problems. Before I did that I kept having to mobile hot-spot . Does that work for you, cos that proved to me it was sky

Last edited:
I have problems with my work vpn on sky. They mess with the dns. Putting stuff in my hosts file helped with some of the problems. Before I did that I kept having to mobile hot-spot . Does that work for you, cos that proved to me it was sky

Yeah I can connect fine using my mobile as a hot spot...but unfortunately I don't have unlimited data so not really a feasible option moving forward.

Have you called them and explained may be able to do something to allow the connection.

Yeah spoke with a member of their tech team (in Bulgaria) who was canny enough but seemed pretty clueless!! Carried out a router reset and then he pretty much gave up.

Yeah spoke with a member of their tech team (in Bulgaria) who was canny enough but seemed pretty clueless!! Carried out a router reset and then he pretty much gave up.

Their first line will all be shit try to escalate it, especially if he just told you to turn it off and back on again.

Got more advice on here and people are taking the piss too :lol:

Their first line will all be shit try to escalate it, especially if he just told you to turn it off and back on again.

Got more advice on here and people are taking the piss too :lol:

Yeah think I'm going to have to call them and escalate...it's a royal pain in the behind!!!

Haha usually the way!

Yeah I can connect fine using my mobile as a hot spot...but unfortunately I don't have unlimited data so not really a feasible option moving forward.
Yeah I was the same, but it gave me evidence it was sky. Is it certain internal ip addresses you're failing on?

Tweet the on @SkyHelpTeam

I get the best service when I complain on twitter. An email or a letter is private and they can sit on it, when you tweet it's in the public eye
and they like to make it look as though they're great at it.

I've got refunds, vouchers and replacement products all for tweeting my complaints.

Back