sky broadband down in the area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some knacker has put a spade through the fibre cable on the A19, a lane closure is required to safely fix it. Im not sure where their is roadworks on the A19 at the moment

Despite this being the 2rd time in about 2 months. Sky broadband still pisses all over bt.
It’s all dependent on where you live as to who has the best internet. Varies from house to house even within the same area.

Your line speed is the same regardless unless you are with Virgin.

So that statement is totally wide of the mark.

Last edited:
It’s all dependent on where you live as to who has the best internet. Varies from house to house even within the same area.

Your line speed is the same regardless unless you are with Virgin.

So that statement is totally wide of the mark.

I had 2 rooms in the house that the internet never worked with bt. Moved to sky and the internet works in those two rooms.

The bairn started whinging that YouTube wasn't working. That's as good a service status that I need.

As soon as I walked out of the bedroom this morning my little one standing outside the door.

'dad, there's no wifi, can you fix it dad?, will you have a look dad?'

go to school love

latest update, down until the evening

Unfortunately due to extensive damage it is likely that repair works will extend into the evening.

Update: 10th October, 11:47

Glad I have a mifi with loads of data left on it.

As soon as I walked out of the bedroom this morning my little one standing outside the door.

'dad, there's no wifi, can you fix it dad?, will you have a look dad?'

go to school love

God aye, fuck me the WiFi goes off for a few hours and the bairn starts going on like the f***ing world's ending because he can't talk to his mates while playing FIFA for a bit. Go to one of their f***ing houses then, or play out somewhere or something, fuck sake

God aye, fuck me the WiFi goes off for a few hours and the bairn starts going on like the f***ing world's ending because he can't talk to his mates while playing FIFA for a bit. Go to one of their f***ing houses then, or play out somewhere or something, fuck sake
:lol:

end of the world type scenario right there

Has she asked you to move house yet?:lol:

:lol::lol:

That'll be tonight if it's still not working.

last thing I need is her babbling on when I've just woken up. arse of a kid.

end of the world type scenario right there

:lol::lol:

That'll be tonight if it's still not working.

last thing I need is her babbling on when I've just woken up. arse of a kid.
Might be worth moving before she gets home from school.
Doesn't sound like it will be fixed anytime soon. Luckily I have to go to an event later so I'll not be sat in the house fuming at the lack of Netflix. It's properly thrown my work plans today despite the fact I don't really need the internet.

• Affected areas: BOLDON, EAST HERRINGTON, HYLTON, RYHOPE, SUNDERLAND, SUNDERLAND NORTH, WASHINGTON and WHITBURN.
Houghton still working AFAIK.

how long does it need to be off, before a bit of compo is due?

Aye, it'll be the router, he must have the new Sky Q router, as the old one has about the worst wireless range around.
Aye it is sky q. It was bt where I had issues so got rid and sky works in these two rooms which when one is office it's a must.

Bit of a day off today thanks to the plum who has broken the cable

Aye, it'll be the router, he must have the new Sky Q router, as the old one has about the worst wireless range around.

I'll agree with that, the standard sky router is woeful for wireless coverage. Swapped mine out for a Netgear 5ghz router...it's like living in the future. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back