SKP on talksport

I could see him as an assistant to someone decent but I think this is far too big a job for someone to cut their managerial teeth in. If he goes and does what Sol Campbell did and get a job anywhere in the pyramid that will have him, and proves himself a competent manager, then you could see him as an option. As many have said he doesn't really strike you as managerial material, unlike a Keane who you might be prepared to take a gamble on. Maybe he is, but I don't think we're in the position where we can afford to have him try and prove it here. Assistant and all round good cop (which would still lift the crowd) absolutely, and that would be a step up from coaching roles he's had previously, but not manager

If he started winning games the Paky's compo would be covered by the extra gate receipts.
I'm confident we would. The Sol bouncing is a hell of a place. Don't buy the go and get experience stuff either. It was said when we were struggling in the Premier league. Go and cut your teeth in league 1. Well here we are. Same goes with playing a few more kids if they're there physically

yea,let's stick with going through the list of tried and tested incumbents,tis working a fukn treat a tell ye,different approach needed asap,maybe Kevin is just the Phillip the club needs
This. I'm sick to the back teeth of experienced, so called safe bets, like Parkinson. Let's think outside the box a little. I think what we need, particularly at the moment as a club is a lift. Plus you'd imagine he'd have plenty of contacts at the club's he's been, Leicester etc, bring some loan players in. Their u23s didn't look bad when they were running rings around our first team.

I'm confident we would. The Sol bouncing is a hell of a place. Don't buy the go and get experience stuff either. It was said when we were struggling in the Premier league. Go and cut your teeth in league 1. Well here we are. Same goes with playing a few more kids if they're there physically
And this. People banging on about being too risky for his first managerial role, we're a midtable league one team ffs. Doesn't get anymore mediocre than that.

Back