skiing

Combloux next week then Montalbert in March. I like the little villages.

Avoriaz, Porte de Soliel area in a few weeks. Big area skiing, love it.
I go most years to the Portes du Soleil. usually stop in Morzine, but the skiing is loads better Avoriaz side. I love it there. Apart from the wall. saw someone fall top to bottom, bouncing off every mogul. I was on the lift, I was convinced she would be dead by bottom. She got up amazingly. Said I would never do the wall again after seeing that.

I go most years to the Portes du Soleil. usually stop in Morzine, but the skiing is loads better Avoriaz side. I love it there. Apart from the wall. saw someone fall top to bottom, bouncing off every mogul. I was on the lift, I was convinced she would be dead by bottom. She got up amazingly. Said I would never do the wall again after seeing that.

Yeh, stayed in Morzine a couple of times. If the snow is good, its can seem an endless ski area. Plenty snow just now, and just want a dump a few days before we get there, then sunny skys, and it will be beautiful.

Not a skiier myself but been to Canada a couple of times. The bar/restaurant at the top of Kicking Horse Mountain has the most amazing views of anywhere in the world.

I do fancy learning, but as with all things I assume I'll be brilliant and am then rubbish so maybe I'm subconsciously putting it off. Mrs Exile is coming round to the idea though.

I'd also have to have a Union Jack parachute just in case.

No week due to the bairn but going to Austria with work for a long weekend

I spoke to a mate yesterday and it looks liek we are going to get a long weekend in. my task today at work is to find a weekend break. beginning of March is always a good time

How old do they need to be for ski school?

ski creche from 2 . get a late deal with ski esprit if you have toddlers..

family fo 4 for peanuts outside of school holidays

https://www.espritski.com/more/baby-toddler-weeks/

https://www.espritski.com/deals/?rm...aYojyK2AGIz0JOdN5dINF8C9LvIKeEgIaAinwEALw_wcB

Last edited:
How old do they need to be for ski school?

They are usually all about ability. Kids apart, they guess your ability by what you tell them. And will move you to a higher or lower ability class if you're not in the right one. Thats just what i've observed. Me and the wife have never booked into ski school, just bought the odd private lesson or two. Age is not considered, as i say, apart from kids having their own classes.

Off to Pila in Italy at the end of the month. Bit cheaper than France. Nothing better when the snow is good and the sun is out. Looks like there’s been enough snow to last the rest of the season :cool:

Went to Pila over Christmas and there was plenty snow then, only 2 or 3 runs closed then. Being a beginner it didn't matter like, we had a great time on the blues and a couple of reds.

Snow is fecking cold, England is fecking cold, give me Lanzagrotty as a winter destination anytime

I used to labour under the same misconception - I was badgered for years to go on a ski holiday but having sat of a chairlift in a horizontal blizzard of sleet on Cairngorm, I wasn't too keen.

When I was eventually persuaded to go, I found myself sitting on a deckchair at 2000 metres in glorious sunshine, wearing a T-shirt drinking ice cold beer with spectacular views over Austria and Italy - wish I'd started 30 years ago.

They are usually all about ability. Kids apart, they guess your ability by what you tell them. And will move you to a higher or lower ability class if you're not in the right one. Thats just what i've observed. Me and the wife have never booked into ski school, just bought the odd private lesson or two. Age is not considered, as i say, apart from kids having their own classes.
I mean for kids. What’s the earliest I can stick them in to start to learn, so that me and Mr Bells can fuck off on the slopes for the day.

I used to labour under the same misconception - I was badgered for years to go on a ski holiday but having sat of a chairlift in a horizontal blizzard of sleet on Cairngorm, I wasn't too keen.

When I was eventually persuaded to go, I found myself sitting on a deckchair at 2000 metres in glorious sunshine, wearing a T-shirt drinking ice cold beer with spectacular views over Austria and Italy - wish I'd started 30 years ago.
You are talking me into it now. My hips and knees are largely shot. Would that be an impediment?

I mean for kids. What’s the earliest I can stick them in to start to learn, so that me and Mr Bells can fuck off on the slopes for the day.

depends. they will get them on those magic carpet things from about 3. toilet trained seems to be the prerequisite and a little semblance of them being to comprehend what you are saying.

the link I posted earlier has full ski creche so you can piss off for the day. last minute deal will get the four of you away half board for £1200 and then iots abotu £200 a week for the creche

Back