skiing

Any recommends for a week away next year. Family of 4 absolute beginners (will probs do beginner courses at X-Scape previous), Europe, with beginner lessons and facilities for family etc. Cheaper is good! Any decent websites or easyjet routes to look for?

Easyjet to geneva is the obvious route from ncle, opens up Swiss, French and Austrian resorts. I find Les Gets great for beginners, mega snow this year and only an hour and a bit xfer. travel a little further and higher for a bit of a longer season at a higher price, but for all round easy at a decent price, port de soleil (Les Gets, Morzine, Avoriaz, Montriond) takes some beating.

Any recommends for a week away next year. Family of 4 absolute beginners (will probs do beginner courses at X-Scape previous), Europe, with beginner lessons and facilities for family etc. Cheaper is good! Any decent websites or easyjet routes to look for?
Found the italian instructors were the best, in that they were much more relaxed about things. The Austrians are (as you would expect) far more uptight about body positioning. Missus struggled with them but loved the IT way.
Cant comment on the french.

how old are the kids and what sort of budget all in. does it have to be school holidays

Found the italian instructors were the best, in that they were much more relaxed about things. The Austrians are (as you would expect) far more uptight about body positioning. Missus struggled with them but loved the IT way.
Cant comment on the french.

We have always had brilliant Austrian instructors. some of the old boys who teach in the winter and are local and then farm or whatever in the summer are brillant

This time next week I'll still be skiing in Austria.. then packing up in an hour or two to drive back to Munich.

Go thursday and the weatehr is looking canny for a few days

Last edited:
how old are the kids and what sort of budget all in. does it have to be school holidays

We have always had brilliant Austrian instructors. some of the old boys who teach in the winter and are local and then farm or whatever in the summer are brillant

This time next week I'll still be skiing in Austria.. then packing up in an hour or two to drive back to Munich.

Go thursday and the weatehr is looking canny for a few days

Me too! Leaving this Saturday for a week. They say the snow is brilliant at the moment.

where too ?

I'm just on a long weekend but 4 full days skiing in

I'm staying Brixen im thale. almost a metre still at base at 800 metres

Bad Gastein - about 100 km due south of Salzburg. 400mm in the valley, 1 metre at middle station and 2 metres at the summit (if I'm reading the information correctly).

I've just had a quick look at where you're off to - looks good!

Can confirm flying to Geneva is a right pain in the ass when they close the airport and all flights are cancelled. Was meant to arrive on Thurs in time for an afternoon's skiing but got to the resort at 2am having had to get the train to Lyon.

Bad Gastein - about 100 km due south of Salzburg. 400mm in the valley, 1 metre at middle station and 2 metres at the summit (if I'm reading the information correctly).

I've just had a quick look at where you're off to - looks good!

Ive done the Ski welt before.. not trhe most challenging but 270km of it without bussing or anythign between valleys

and they have a mountain hut/bar every4km on average

Arinsal, Andorra is great for beginners.

13 and 10. Havent got a clue budget wise, gotta feeling it isnt goon to be cheap! Just looking to book a ski trip to see how it goes. I’d probs prefer to go somewhere sunny!

I’m off to Switzerland in February, a week in Grindelwald
lucky bassa. ££££

Finally persuaded the wife (no) that it was my turn to pick the spring holiday so instead of golf in Tenerife we've just booked Bad Gastein - 10th March for a week.

Anyone been that can give useful (I know this is the SMB) tips / advice?
great place . make sure you head up to the restaurant with the tobogganing run at night. amazing food and good fun sledding back down after a few beers to end the night. its a must do

This is the place . make sure you go up when its dark

Bellevue Alm Mutter aller Hutten, Bad Gastein - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor

Last edited by a moderator:
lucky bassa. ££££

great place . make sure you head up to the restaurant with the tobogganing run at night. amazing food and good fun sledding back down after a few beers to end the night. its a must do

This is the place . make sure you go up when its dark

Bellevue Alm Mutter aller Hutten, Bad Gastein - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor

Thanks for the tip - might have to spend some time there - the long range forecast isn't looking too promising at the moment.

Thanks for the tip - might have to spend some time there - the long range forecast isn't looking too promising at the moment.
it's a fun place. outdoor thermal spa is cool also. lots to do regardless of weather. enjoy

Booked for Chatel and Portes du soleil for Easter.. driving donw on the Thursday, 4 days skiing then im flying back tuesday morning for work and wife and kids drive back wednesday or Thursday in their own time

Back