1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

skiing

Discussion in 'SMB' started by The Mole, Jan 14, 2018.

1. The Mole

The Mole Midfield

Anyone on here gan skiing. Ive just booked up to go to Arinsal Andorra in February the knars

2. Hongkongphooey

Hongkongphooey Striker

I’m off to Switzerland in February, a week in Grindelwald

yossarian31 and The Mole like this.
  3. heroesof73

heroesof73 Striker

Tried in once but it seems to have all gone downhill since then

Dmac1969 and The Mole like this.
  4. Because I Can

Because I Can Central Defender

Snowmass in 2 weeks time, can’t wait

muggboots likes this.
  5. Le Chuck

Le Chuck Striker

Off to Silksworth

bozwellboyce likes this.
  6. Gil Gunderson

Gil Gunderson Goalkeeper

Me, I love skiing.

7. muggboots

muggboots Striker

It's fucking freezing mate. :lol:
    I reckon in 20 years of skiing that it's the coldest I've ever been. Probably minus 20-30 on the long chair lift, there were 3 foot horizontal icicles on the pylons.

Because I Can likes this.
  8. Frijj

Frijj Striker Contributor

Going next April. Never been before but will be having lessons at X-Scape in Castleford for a few months before and then do the lessons when I’m over there.

9. muggboots

muggboots Striker

@Because I Can
    EDIT: you lucky bastard, I got mixed up there. :lol:
    That was Sunshine at Banff.
    Snowmass is fucking tropical compared to that. It's a nice area but if you get the chance from there go to Aspen or preferably Vail. Vail is incredible.

10. Because I Can

Because I Can Central Defender

Did Killington on the east coast and Tremblant in Canada, again east coast (ish) which were both cold. Always found Rockies and west coast not too bad. I’ll not tell the mrs (no) what you’ve forecast

Banff and the 3 resorts were ok last time I was there. Done Vail once but prefer Breckenridge.

muggboots likes this.
  11. jcrossan

jcrossan Striker

Love sunshine..nice elevation so you can still go in mid may..from the top you are right on the continental divide..

muggboots likes this.
  12. I love it me. don' go on summer holiday so I can go skiing in winter. best holiday you can have. all day in mountains beautiful scenery doing exercise then few beers at night. can' beat it.

13. jcrossan

jcrossan Striker

It's actually not that expensive any more for me..not that i am very good mind, compared to all the little kids who zip by me..but once i hit 60 there were great deals on midweek lift tickets and Lake louise Nakiska and Sunshine are only 90 minutes away..pretty empty hills midweek when the schools are in as well

14. muggboots

muggboots Striker

You lucky fucker. :lol:

jcrossan likes this.
  15. jcrossan

jcrossan Striker

I know..some days just go out on my own and stand at the top of the hill..even when its bitter cold as long as there's no wind it's an amazing feeling.

then i fall over

muggboots likes this.
  16. I'm a two star skier

qualified at a place called foppollo in Italy

17. tarantula

tarantula Full Back

Just got back last night from trois vàllees..,.stayed in st martin de belleville, lovely little village with access to great ski area...perfect snow conditions but cloudy most of week with a few sunny spells..back to Chamonix in 10 days for a long weekend....

T S Garp likes this.
  18. Hoping to get a long weekend in

19. tarantula

tarantula Full Back

And well deserved too

20. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

No week due to the bairn but going to Austria with work for a long weekend