Ska,Reggae,Two Tone, etc.etc..

gotta give this lot a try, sick of the same shit onin the car/gym.
That’s the beauty about reggae especially, there’s shitloads out there. Even Don Letts was reviewing the latest Trojan box set thing & there were recordings he hadn’t heard. It’s also checking out David Rodigan’s radio shows. Not all to my taste, but a good listen regardless. Heard this fir the first time on one of his shows

My absolute claim to fame is our band opening for The Selecter many years ago

Also used to play with all these on a regular basis, what a cracking little scene it was

Our drummer went on to form this band who are doing quite well for themselves these days

Last edited:
Also used to play with all these on a regular basis, what a cracking little scene it was

Our drummer went on to form this band who are doing quite well for themselves these days
I saw all 3 of those at least once (saw Shootin Goon 3 times - once supporting Reel Big Fish and twice headlining). The great thing about the smaller ska bands from the late 90s/early 00s is that Dundee seemed to be a regular stop on their UK tours. I even saw Big D and the Kids Table in Arbroath once!

I saw all 3 of those at least once (saw Shootin Goon 3 times - once supporting Reel Big Fish and twice headlining). The great thing about the smaller ska bands from the late 90s/early 00s is that Dundee seemed to be a regular stop on their UK tours. I even saw Big D and the Kids Table in Arbroath once!

Yeah they used to turn up in all sorts of weird and wonderful little venues. I was around Oxford at the time so there was never a shortage of places to go. Our Selecter gig was in a pub in the rock n roll hotbed of Didcot!

Back