Ska,Reggae,Two Tone, etc.etc..

Class, I was too young really to be going to gigs during that era. Can only imagine the scenes.

The new Spexials album is alright, no Ghost Town anthem type tracks though.

Still love Madness now, timeless songs.

Last edited:
Kick de bucket blows my mind like!
I couldn’t possibly say. I’ve grown up on this and it varies all the time.
On a similar note, the Trojan story was on Sky last night. Class.
Shit, you know what side it was on? I'll have to try and find it on matchup

Plebs soundtrack is class, allTrojan stuff

Catch up not match up
Rudie, a Message to you Rudie!!

Last edited:
The genre of course was a a backing track to a youth culture.
I was 12 in 1970 with a skinhead and we identified with those sounds.Dave and Ansil Collins went mainstream in 71.

The suedehead movement chose more soulful sounds of Stax and Mowtown..... then migrated to Northern Soul.

All the US / Caribbean black artists who gigged in the U.K. back then couldn’t believe white kids listened to their music and the welcome they received.

Anyone like the third wave, more punky stuff? Operation Ivy, Sublime, Rancid etc. Then the little UK scene early 2000s, Adequate 7, Capdown, Lightyear et al.
Aye, I’m a fan of Rancid & a few of their offshoots like Operation Ivy. Had a ticket for Rancid at the Academy about 6/7 years ago, on my birthday. Had to go to Glasgow for work instead. Think it was the last time they played anywhere near here.

Tim Armstrong’s A Poet’s Life is one of my all time favourites. Went to see the band he used for that album, the Aggrolites doing their own show T the Think Tank 3/4 years ago. Bands like the Skint, Slackers & New Town Kings are worth checking out. Not punky like, but from the same genre as the Aggrolites.

Back