Ska,Reggae,Two Tone, etc.etc..

Grew up listening to a lot on Two Tone. Specials Madness Selector and The Beat were all decent back then. I met Jerry Dammers from the Specials backstage at a Hard Fi gig once. He was a bit...odd.
The Selecter were absolutely knockout at The Boiler Shop last year. Totally took me by surprise. I knew they`d be good but wasn`t quite expecting them to be that good. Loads of energy and a load of great songs and Pauline Black was such a top class front person.

That's a shock tbh, what era was this?
Not that long back, 5 years? Like I say, they were probs done in, so I'd understand in that respect, however, I took my original one step beyond single to get signed and was promised I would get it back, I didn't of course, bugger! Again, I don't blame the band.
I like a dub artist called scientist. None of you have heard of him as you are all mainstream reggae fans.
:lol: You are so far ahead of us

Last edited:
Not that long back, 5 years? Like I say, they were probs done in, so I'd understand in that respect, however, I took my original one step beyond single to get signed and was promised I would get it back, I didn't of course, bugger! Again, I don't blame the band.

:lol: You are so far ahead of us
Thought you meant in the 80s, I can see them being a bit divaish nowadays

Last edited:

Back