Single use plastic cups

I like the idea of Durham cricket grounds use of plastic cups.. I've got a couple at home, if not you go and give the glass back and get your quid back, and the glass will be re used. The club must spend a shit loaf on single use glasses per match like.

I like the idea of Durham cricket grounds use of plastic cups.. I've got a couple at home, if not you go and give the glass back and get your quid back, and the glass will be re used. The club must spend a shit loaf on single use glasses per match like.
The last couple of times I went to the Oval they were flogging beer glasses for £1 deposit. You could take it home, but they had a charity collecting them on the way out which I thought was a great idea. It killed the beer snakes dead in their tracks mind, so not all good.

The cost of the single use cups will be built into the price of a pint, if they go down the same route as the cricket and charge a quid how much will it cost the club if everyone takes their cup back for a refund, they’d either lose a lot more money on the cups if they just chuck them away (defeating the object) or they’d have to pay someone to wash them all?

That'll be to stop the beer glass worms, not to save the environment

A shit loaf doesn't sound too appetising mind.

Paid about five euro in Germany at a game for my cup inclusive of my beer... sat in my seat happily having my beer topped up for 3euro a time... hand the cup back for your 2 euro or leave it fo rthe kids to pick em all up and hand in for pocket money.... still gets me how we still cannot get away from not being able to serve booze at football games....

Football clubs urged to give single-use plastic cups the boot

Big fan of this at the rugby/cricket/just about any sport other than football.

We could use this approach within the ground and fanzone, with different designs to start a collection

I mean who wouldn't want to drink a pint with Chris Maguire's shithouse head on the side of it

Nowt about football but doesn't half fuck me off that coffee shops use plastic cups and paper straws for their iced coffees. Fucks that about?

Paid about five euro in Germany at a game for my cup inclusive of my beer... sat in my seat happily having my beer topped up for 3euro a time... hand the cup back for your 2 euro or leave it fo rthe kids to pick em all up and hand in for pocket money.... still gets me how we still cannot get away from not being able to serve booze at football games....

I'm in agreement there. It would add to the atmosphere being able to drink in your seat. I've been to a German game, and the atmosphere was better than anything I've seen in England, by a long shot. While booze in your seat isn't the sole reason for fantastic constant atmosphere in German games, it just adds to it.

Back