Single player RPG games

I fancy an RPG for my Switch, I'm thinking about Fire Emblem, seems to be reviewed quite well, any opinions from on here? In all honesty I'm not usually a massive RPG fan, but I fancy giving something a go

You might like Octopath Traveller. I'm 20 hours in and it's ok, very lightweight but that suits me. It's made to look like a modern retro game, but a lot of the dialogue and quests feel dated too. I'm not really selling this..!

You might like Octopath Traveller. I'm 20 hours in and it's ok, very lightweight but that suits me. It's made to look like a modern retro game, but a lot of the dialogue and quests feel dated too. I'm not really selling this..!
I've been looking quite a lot the last few days and have watched some videos about this. It does look ok, I might check it out if it's in a sale at some point. I'd probably prefer a turn based game like this, so it could be a shout. There's a demo for Dragon Quest XI on there and progress apparently carries on to the main game so I may as well give that a try.

On a slightly different note I got Persona 5 on PS4, it's £12.50 on the PS store atm

I fancy an RPG for my Switch, I'm thinking about Fire Emblem, seems to be reviewed quite well, any opinions from on here? In all honesty I'm not usually a massive RPG fan, but I fancy giving something a go

The switch is class for RPGs, Loads of old final fantasy games to choose from. I love Octopath traveller aswell.

I loved it. Might start another play through actually.

Last edited:
See I was expecting to love it too, but there's just something about it that isn't grabbing me. I'm still enjoying it but it's not blowing me away. I had just finished Final Fantasy VI like...

Who did you pick as your starting character? I went with Olberic. A couple of the characters I wasn't arsed about which is my only complaint.

PlayStation have a Big in Japan sale on now, there's a lot of RPGs on there. Some of which are on Switch as well. I'm torn because they're available cheaper on PS4, but I'd rather have the option of playing handheld

In three weeks' time, this thread will have been going for a whole year. :eek:

I'm pretty sure that's never happened to one of my threads before.

Thanks for your contributions everybody. :)

[/QUOTE]
Alfyn. I've never once used his ingredient-mixing capabilities. I seem to be steamrolling everything so far...
He is one of the characters I wasn't arsed about.
In three weeks' time, this thread will have been going for a whole year. :eek:

I'm pretty sure that's never happened to one of my threads before.

Thanks for your contributions everybody. :)

What did you end up playing?

Back