Single player RPG games

fyl2u

Striker
Looking for a new RPG game to play. One where you get level-ups with experience that give you extra skills/spells/whatever, that has a proper plot (or plots).

I recently played Warhammer Quest, which is a turn-based one but really good fun.

It's given me a taste for it so I fancy a new one now that I've completed that.

Not bothered about MMO games, I just want something single-player. First person, third person, turn-based or real-time would all be acceptable.

Any recommendations?

Looking for a new RPG game to play. One where you get level-ups with experience that give you extra skills/spells/whatever, that has a proper plot (or plots).

I recently played Warhammer Quest, which is a turn-based one but really good fun.

It's given me a taste for it so I fancy a new one now that I've completed that.

Not bothered about MMO games, I just want something single-player. First person, third person, turn-based or real-time would all be acceptable.

Any recommendations?

Console or PC? Last RPG I enjoyed was FinalFantasyX remaster on the PS4, it's turnbased and a great game.

Dragon Age - first few are good, last one was just arcade and no idea wtf was going on. Group based.
Baldurs Gate - classics, group based
Pillars of Eternity - group based also
Two Worlds - Good single player RPG
Skyrim - brilliant, probably best one released to date
Theres the pre rpgs to skyrim too like Morrowwind etc. but probably dated to fk by now?!

Ah, Although I have a PC I rarely use it for RPG's. It's ancient now but Star Wars Knights of the Old Republics a canny one (you can choose turn based or real time battles)

^ and that. It's a bit meh at the beginning to get used to but once you get into it it's brilliant.

Ah, Although I have a PC I rarely use it for RPG's. It's ancient now but Star Wars Knights of the Old Republics a canny one (you can choose turn based or real time battles)

Yeah, played it.

Looking for something in a fantasy setting - elves, ogres, orcs, etc... that sort of thing. Nothing too futuristic.

Dragon Age - first few are good, last one was just arcade and no idea wtf was going on. Group based.
Baldurs Gate - classics, group based
Pillars of Eternity - group based also
Two Worlds - Good single player RPG
Skyrim - brilliant, probably best one released to date
Theres the pre rpgs to skyrim too like Morrowwind etc. but probably dated to fk by now?!

I played the first couple of Elder Scrolls games pretty much one after the other when they were first released but was a bit hacked-out after that and never continued with the series. Tempted to give Skyrim a go. It's been a long time now since those first two.

Baldur's Gate was awesome. Played that to the end when it first came out.

Don't know the rest of them. Out of the DA games, PoE, TW and Skyrim, which would you recommend?

Oh Kingdom Come Deliverance was good as well, few expansions to it now too.

I don't know that one either.

Divinity Original Sin 2

I only played a few hours but it seemed
very good

First one was brilliant, tried the 2nd but couldn't get into it at the time.

I played the first couple of Elder Scrolls games pretty much one after the other when they were first released but was a bit hacked-out after that and never continued with the series. Tempted to give Skyrim a go. It's been a long time now since those first two.

Baldur's Gate was awesome. Played that to the end when it first came out.

Don't know the rest of them. Out of the DA games, PoE, TW and Skyrim, which would you recommend?

I don't know that one either.

Skyrim is easily the best RPG out there, and there are fuck tons of mods for it now so you can play about with it to get the experience you want if you need. Also has expansions for it.

I really enjoyed Two Worlds but it just seemed like a game that was never really mentioned much.

Kingdom Come Deliverence is fantastic also, if Skyrim isn't any good for you try this.

Last edited:

Skyrim is easily the best RPG out there, and there are fuck tons of mods for it now so you can play about with it to get the experience you want if you need. Also has expansions for it.

I really enjoyed Two Worlds but it just seemed like a game that was never really mentioned much.

Kingdom Come Deliverence is fantastic also, if Skyrim isn't any good for you try this.

Awesome, cheers matey.

Hmm, the original game of Skyrim for a tenner, or the special edition with updated graphics for thirty quid. Decisions, decisions...

Last edited:
I've never been able to get into Skyrim. It's just run here, go through a cave, kill the boss and get some loot, rinse repeat. The world just feels empty to me. Witcher 3 was much better imo.

Forgot about Witcher 3. The whole series is great if you haven't played them all.

Another vote for Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Medieval RPG set in Bohemia. No fantasy elves though...

It's really refreshing not having wizards and all that shite blowing things up and more concentrated on sword and shield gameplay. Hate some RPGs where I make a warrior or assassin or something only to see some wizard burn through everything with a meta build nobody can touch..

Last edited:
Skyrim would be my top recommendation, closely followed by Witcher 3. First Dragon Age was good, second was shit, Inquisition better but not as good as the first. Dragons Dogma and Kindom of Amalur: Reckoning can probably be picked up cheap and will last ages. Two Worlds had great gameplay, sadly graphics were shit and the voice acting beyond shit. But the gameplay was good if the other things don’t bother you. Probably looks just horrible nowadays though.

Skyrim would be my top recommendation, closely followed by Witcher 3. First Dragon Age was good, second was shit, Inquisition better but not as good as the first. Dragons Dogma and Kindom of Amalur: Reckoning can probably be picked up cheap and will last ages. Two Worlds had great gameplay, sadly graphics were shit and the voice acting beyond shit. But the gameplay was good if the other things don’t bother you. Probably looks just horrible nowadays though.

:cool:

Back