Since when have Portsmouth been our fiercest rivals?

In the lower leagues, you quickly form new rivalries with the clubs around you. We did it in league 2 with Plymouth when we played them in the play-offs and were going for automatic promotion the year after. It'll all be forgotten if one of us gets promoted, but it's nice to have a rivalry to spice up the fixture list until we have a game against Southampton.
Portsmouth is very similar in nature to Sunderland having some real passionate fans on both sides, I think this is where the so-called rivaly comes from as well as our big clashes last season, good to watch.

To be fair it's good to have a bit of a rivalry, we played at least 4 big games against them last season and it was honours even just about. I have no actual dislike for the club or fans, although I hope the result knocks them sick tomorrow.

Some seem to think all rivalries must be a derby. We fought (four times directly) and both failed over a promotion spot, they acted badly at our place and attacked a player at theirs. We're both still here and number 1 and 2 favourites for the title - short term of course it's our fiercest rivalry, it's not a derby (of course) and in the longer term won't matter at all, but this season, this will most probably be our most important home game.

Ok, a simple bet.

Pompey win tomorrow you pay me £20.
Sunderland win, I pay you £20.
Draw no bet. Either of us to pay via internet banking.
So sort codes and account numbers needed.
First response will succeed.

two prized koi carp in a belfast sink atm, both clubs and fans should be higher than L1 TBF, but we are both there because we are inferior to what we once were.

In the lower leagues, you quickly form new rivalries with the clubs around you. We did it in league 2 with Plymouth when we played them in the play-offs and were going for automatic promotion the year after. It'll all be forgotten if one of us gets promoted, but it's nice to have a rivalry to spice up the fixture list until we have a game against Southampton.

This. You are always rivals with teams around you in the league as those games mean more and we need each other to lose games to benefit ourselves. Simple way sports works. We were near them in the table all of last season and it looks set to continue into this season as well - certainly you are the only obvious rivals that jump out at this early stage of the season. Same reason in the past we’ve been rivals with teams around us in the relegation zone like Stoke

Back