Since the play offs...

Under Grayson we hadn't just had a season in League Wan, sat threw mind numbing footy with 19 Fookin draws, that squad was far better than what Ross got out of it, rabbit in the headlights and we shoulda pissed the league, don't give the double relegation borrocks the pot is simmering....
No, we’d just sat through a thoroughly depressing PL season under one of the worst managers in our history, been relegated without a whimper, appointed someone whose last management job was Preston North End and our big summer signing was James Vaughan from Bury!

No, we’d just sat through a thoroughly depressing PL season under one of the worst managers in our history, been relegated without a whimper, appointed someone whose last management job was Preston North End and our big summer signing was James Vaughan from Bury!

And last season we had positive owners banging the drum, bullshit or not, feel good factor was back.....Then the ref blew the Fookin whistle

At the start of last season I said that we should be aiming for the play offs, this was achieved although we failed to gain promotion at the final hurdle.
What was disappointing was the complete lack of form from being in a strong position to gain automatic promotion to failing in the play offs.
Agree with most of your post but I believe we lost our way in April and thats what cost us promotion.

For the first time in my life I'm in a negative mood in relation to the new season.
This is after 45 years .
I just can't get motivated as a fan for this coming season.
Yes maybe I'm a fanny and should get a grip.
Like many that f***ing play off defeat all but wiped me out .
Hopefully my mindset will change.

For the first time in my life I'm in a negative mood in relation to the new season.
This is after 45 years .
Think most will just sack it off when the inevitable shitness comes this season. We have a hardcore of 10-15k that will never criticise the club and always view things with rose tinted glasses.

This..far to many on here now desperate to be proven right...

Desperate or just always are...?

This place has been nothing but a cesspit of twist and moaning. Yes we failed last season in not getting promotion, but let's face it, it was close. If you had asked me this time last year, play offs would have been the best I would have expected after the years that preceded.

I think in the first few pre season games we have done ...ok. yesterday playing a team from the Portuguese top flight and really were the better team for the majority. Take some positives man. Let's just see where we are after a few games eh?

Rant owa

:lol:

“Yes, we’ve failed but we always fail, now put on a grin” :lol:

Last edited:
Reason I would have last year was due to the fact the club was in freefall. Numerous poisonous characters amongst the dressing room. New owners with little time to turn us around. A new manager to to the club with little experience. None of that said we would romp home and win the league.

This season those excuses have gone, so I will expect a settled side to turn a lot of those draws to wins. We arnt any worse of a team this season. Yes goals is a massive concern, as it was last year at this time until Maja turned into a machine.

Who were the poisonous characters in the dressing room last year?

Could we not have appointed an experienced manager instead of an inexperienced one!

I think even the more optimistic fans would admit to having concerns.

Last season missing out on promotion given the position we were in with a couple of months to go was massively disappointing.

We simply cannot afford to linger in this league any longer than this season. If Ross doesn’t look like he’s capable of achieving that we have to pull the plug and get someone in who can.

There’s far too much emphasis placed on systems, tactics etc - in my view a decent manager with last seasons squad would have achieved better than 5th place.

Definitely concern over recruitment. Willis gives me hope they’ve learned at least something though.

2 through the door in an attacking area and I think we’ll be somewhere near like

This place has been nothing but a cesspit of twist and moaning. Yes we failed last season in not getting promotion, but let's face it, it was close. If you had asked me this time last year, play offs would have been the best I would have expected after the years that preceded.

I think in the first few pre season games we have done ...ok. yesterday playing a team from the Portuguese top flight and really were the better team for the majority. Take some positives man. Let's just see where we are after a few games eh?

Rant owa

I would agree that the play off final was a decent outcome considering what could have happened.

But, given it is evident we only need a centre forward who can score goals to get us out of this league, with the rest of the team being good enough, and Jack Ross hasn't gone out and bought one; then I can only conclude we're either skint or he's missing a glaring weakness. My opinion is we're skint and we'll be down here for a while. I just can't believe anyone is so short-sighted to not see the glaring weakness.

This is after 45 years .

It did me. Getting excited again now though.

Football in general bores me these days sadly.

Rant owa

We were playing badly leading up to the playoffs. Why can't fans post their concerns and vent on here? I can't understand why some can't accept it.

I'm really struggling to be enthusiastic for the upcoming season, after last seasons dissapointment, surely Ross and co knew we were desperately lacking any creativity in midfield, and yet this has not been rectified as of yet. Plus we are seriously lacking players who have any pace, apart from Watmore who is so injury prone. Just hope we are working on bringing in players who can rectify this, not holding my greath mind.

Back