Since Reidy

not that hard? :lol:

how many drinks have you had?

one of the worst posts in a while
Surely if something is hard then it isn’t a common occurrence.

Anyway you’ve flipped the point here, I was refuting your claim that we had good ‘periods’ up there. We didn’t it was universally relegation battles, selling our decent players replacing them worse, and misery. Besides the tiny slither of hope under Bruce that never materialised.

We got twatted by loads of decent EFL teams in cup competitions in that period. It isn’t beyond comprehension that good teams can exist outside the prem, and we are quite good now. You never know this could be the first chapter in us actually having a good period for the first time in many younger fans lives.

Surely if something is hard then it isn’t a common occurrence.

Anyway you’ve flipped the point here, I was refuting your claim that we had good ‘periods’ up there. We didn’t it was universally relegation battles, selling our decent players replacing them worse, and misery. Besides the tiny slither of hope under Bruce that never materialised.

We got twatted by loads of decent EFL teams in cup competitions in that period. It isn’t beyond comprehension that good teams can exist outside the prem, and we are quite good now. You never know this could be the first chapter in us actually having a good period for the first time in many younger fans lives.

its not a common occurrence, put the bottle down

by far our longest period in the top flight in your life time, and anyone born after the 50s

spoilt and ungrateful some of our fans

Not that hard like. Because we did it and we were shit running a rag and bone stall for 7 of those years. Stoke, Bolton, Hull, Portsmouth, Fulham, Brighton, West Brom, Burnley. Loads of utter shite been there or there abouts stinking it up over the last 20 years. It’s a piece of piss to make up the numbers for a canny few years. It’s very hard to actually achieve anything
How many of those teams you've mentioned did 10 years of the belt?

its not a common occurrence, put the bottle down

by far our longest period in the top flight in your life time, and anyone born after the 50s

spoilt and ungrateful some of our fans
Duration is not equal to things being good.

Anyway enjoy todays win and don’t drink too much you’re already embarrassing yourself, I suspect you’re the type that loved Cattermole and Bardsley.
How many of those teams you've mentioned did 10 years of the belt?
Fuck knas mate. Just off the top of my head really. Probably some. Bolton, Stoke, Fulham maybe?

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to see possibly the best football at the sol under Peter Ried when sumberbee and Johnston were suppling the ammunition for super Kevin and quinny just an honest opinion we are née where near that standard yet.

This team play the best football I’ve seen since the days of Reidy

Reid was here 7 seasons or so - we didn't play football that was that good to watch for a fair chunk of it. There was a couple of seasons of cracking football, two seasons or so of aggressive direct positive football, a season of organised aggressive football and two and a bit seasons of absolute dirge.
Played some cracking stuff under Bruce to be fair

Some really good spells of positive football under Bruce. Some long winless runs as we'll mind.

We have some excellent attacking players.

Even players that people give out about like Gooch & Neil, they contribute a lot in an attacking sense, it is their natural instinct.

And we have 2 or 3 players that can beat a player in a tight space.

Stewart to return aswell who improves the team massively.
Better than F. S. A's team?

We have some excellent attacking players.

Even players that people give out about like Gooch & Neil, they contribute a lot in an attacking sense, it is their natural instinct.

And we have 2 or 3 players that can beat a player in a tight space.

Stewart to return aswell who improves the team massively.
Could be interesting though. If we have to cash in on stewart and simms/ahmad go back. Next season could be a completely different forward line.

Reid was here 7 seasons or so - we didn't play football that was that good to watch for a fair chunk of it. There was a couple of seasons of cracking football, two seasons or so of aggressive direct positive football, a season of organised aggressive football and two and a bit seasons of absolute dirge.

Some really good spells of positive football under Bruce. Some long winless runs as we'll mind.
Agree
The home win v Spurs was one of the stand out games

Back