Sinatra's in town - closing today .

I don't recall table dancers back then.

No way, it was owned by Vaux until 2000 as a managed house. No way that would have happened. Anytime after that who knows
Not be many bars left in town that were there when I started drinking around 99/00.

Fitsys, Chaplin's, The Borough, Greens, Dun Cow and half of them have had a name change or been ruined (The Borough cough cough).

Who can remember when Chaplins was The Albion
Was Huxters not just one of the names for the Beehive? Remember the door handles having a big H across them.

Yes an S&N concept
Had a brief period named Funky Town between being Sinatra's and Sinatra's again. First night I went down the town I went in. Only part of the place I remember from then is the bogs from when I was sick everywhere.

Won’t you take me to Funky Town. Meant to be a retro music bar with life sized figurines of John Travolta and Madonna on the outside fascade.
It opened same weekend as Flares above Londonderry

Last edited:
Our route used to be Bill Stickers (changed to the Derry) for quid pints between 7-8, Boulevard 2 for 1, Idols 2 for 1, Flares, down to get Chambers stamp, Vestry, Gulliespies, Marlow's then Chambers (sometimes Annabell's).

Was great, think Liberties was in as well for a bit but it shut down not long after we started drinking in town.

Our route used to be Bill Stickers (changed to the Derry) for quid pints between 7-8, Boulevard 2 for 1, Idols 2 for 1, Flares, down to get Chambers stamp, Vestry, Gulliespies, Marlow's then Chambers (sometimes Annabell's).

Was great, think Liberties was in as well for a bit but it shut down not long after we started drinking in town.
Sounds like late nineties to me. I don't recall Bill Stickers though.

I thought they owned pure. Mind that's been closed and up for sale for years

Harley's was next door to boulevard, it had 3 floors and a David Gower lookalike who was manager/owner
They did own Pure. Never realised it was closed tbh.
Boulevard was briefly called Harleys but way later than late 90s. I thought it was a shit name until years later I saw it was located pretty near Harley Street (19th century map).
Wasn't like.

Last edited:
Disappointed today, sitting in Chaplins deciding where to go after, walked to the Isis and it was shut.

Obviously should’ve checked the opening hours first, at least it was a bit of exercise I suppose.

Back