Sinatra's in town - closing today .

It’s been rumoured that a multi storey car park is being built there.
Shame they couldn’t think of something better to be honest. There was once the lofty ambitions of the city planners to put up that tall apartment building.
Covid has knackered apartments.

It’s been rumoured that a multi storey car park is being built there.
Shame they couldn’t think of something better to be honest. There was once the lofty ambitions of the city planners to put up that tall apartment building.
They’ve done everything possible over the years to get drivers out of city centres, it’s amazing what happens when you do that and people go elsewhere.

Maybes that’s all that’s been missing to bring them back.

They’ve done everything possible over the years to get drivers out of city centres, it’s amazing what happens when you do that and people go elsewhere.

Maybes that’s all that’s been missing to bring them back.
Tbf Newcastle Council are doing exactly the same. Eventually the city centre there will be near enough fully pedestrian, even on about cutting off the buses through Blackett St

Had to check which pub this was. Turns out it was in there on my first ever night out in Sunderland. Although I hardly ever went back in.

I'm sure they had table dancers that night. Back around 1995 ish

Is it being knocked down?

Had to check which pub this was. Turns out it was in there on my first ever night out in Sunderland. Although I hardly ever went back in.

I'm sure they had table dancers that night. Back around 1995 ish

Is it being knocked down?
I don't recall table dancers back then.

Not be many bars left in town that were there when I started drinking around 99/00.

Fitsys, Chaplin's, The Borough, Greens, Dun Cow and half of them have had a name change or been ruined (The Borough cough cough).

Back