Sims 4

I've ordered this for me and the bairn. What I want to know is - is there any way he can purchase things in game ? if so are there controls I can add so this doesn't happen ?. Obviously expansion packs can probably be purchased on the PSN but he knows I get an email that tells me of any purchases via the playstation store etc, I really don't want the little bugger racking up any kind of bill etc @houst69 ?

I've ordered this for me and the bairn. What I want to know is - is there any way he can purchase things in game ? if so are there controls I can add so this doesn't happen ?. Obviously expansion packs can probably be purchased on the PSN but he knows I get an email that tells me of any purchases via the playstation store etc, I really don't want the little bugger racking up any kind of bill etc @houst69 ?

As far as I know, any micro transactions still go through PSN so you would get an email update.

I taught a kid last year who spent over £500 on fifa packs without his parents knowledge.

You can probably imagine their reaction when I spoke to them about it.
Jesus Christ man, I'm glad the bairn isn't into Fifa or Fortnight 😰. He likes Bendy and the Ink Machine, Battlefront 2 (which I know you can buy crystals in for extra stuff and he hasn't done that thankfully), Lego games etc. I'll also make a rule that he only plays it when I'm there so I can keep an eye on him 👾👍😂

Jesus Christ man, I'm glad the bairn isn't into Fifa or Fortnight 😰. He likes Bendy and the Ink Machine, Battlefront 2 (which I know you can buy crystals in for extra stuff and he hasn't done that thankfully), Lego games etc. I'll also make a rule that he only plays it when I'm there so I can keep an eye on him 👾👍😂

Better to be safe than sorry 😂

Should have got The Sims 1 for the PC, I’ve never yet met a console version that can beat the PC version. The entire 1st set was given away for free for a while, pretty sure you’ll be able to find it somewhere online. Sims 2 was my favourite, 3 just seemed to lose itself.

Is this in game?
If it’s PS4 you could set him up his own account with you as the parent and he shouldn’t be able to buy anything without your permission. Google it, I can’t remember how I did it years ago. He won’t be able to play ‘18’ rated games on his account though, which became a problem with my daughters account when all her mates were on gta, so I just set her up a full account eventually.

If it’s PS4 you could set him up his own account with you as the parent and he shouldn’t be able to buy anything without your permission. Google it, I can’t remember how I did it years ago. He won’t be able to play ‘18’ rated games on his account though, which became a problem with my daughters account when all her mates were on gta, so I just set her up a full account eventually.
He uses my account as he plays Battlefront 2 which is a 16, not sure why as its just Star Wars with no blood / guts or gore etc. I will be playing Sims 4, on my account, he probably will just use my account too - he does have his own user set up but he never uses it - all of his stats are under my username ffs :lol:

I've already bought a special offer bundle ffs - Sims city living, vampire pack and couture outfit pack for £19.99, I've told him I'm not buying anymore until he uses what we have already properly. He ended up building a 4 person family, moved them into a cramped apartment, 2 ended up as vampires, the vampires had a baby and then got married (but the woman died on her wedding day due to the sun 🧛‍♀️☀, apparently all the guests were standing around crying :lol:).

I've already bought a special offer bundle ffs - Sims city living, vampire pack and couture outfit pack for £19.99, I've told him I'm not buying anymore until he uses what we have already properly. He ended up building a 4 person family, moved them into a cramped apartment, 2 ended up as vampires, the vampires had a baby and then got married (but the woman died on her wedding day due to the sun 🧛‍♀️☀, apparently all the guests were standing around crying :lol:).
They have a sale on xbox one store

Back