Simon Mayo leaving R2

Don't know who is on around 12:30 but I enjoy listening to him and the topics he talks about.
Jeremy vine

Classic case of PC gone mad. Drivetime was canny 6 months ago. Beeb saving a fortune on wages with the announced departures from all stations this year.Does Whiley keep her recently gained salary increase, which was a whopper?
They're rejigging the whole evening schedule to fit her in.

I used to like drivetime in its previous incarnation, Matt the sports presenter used to have a good rapport with Simon Mayo but whether the powers that be thought it was too laddish I don’t know. Don’t even know where Matt is now.

There some good female presenters on radio Lauren Laverne being one of them. The problem is they are trying to shoehorn females into everything now. Just look at the tv...

I have noticed that, but its the way the world is at the moment, but has it been much different in the last 10 to 15 years, or are people just noticing it more due to the way society is ?

Wonder if we will have bloke pundits on the next televised England netball game. The end is nigh.........

I quite like Simon mayo, I didn't realise he was leaving. Jo whiley is utter shite though, she's just boring, her voice is boring which is a bit of a problem for a radio presenter. She knows her music I'll give her that but at that time of day they need someone who is entertaining, not someone who knows something about entertainment. She evidently gets her job because she's hip and trendy or whatever the youth call it today.

I quite like Simon mayo, I didn't realise he was leaving. Jo whiley is utter shite though, she's just boring, her voice is boring which is a bit of a problem for a radio presenter. She knows her music I'll give her that but at that time of day they need someone who is entertaining, not someone who knows something about entertainment. She evidently gets her job because she's hip and trendy or whatever the youth call it today.

You do realise they're on Radio2.

You could tell that it was coming by the fact they have to promote the show itself during the breaks of others. The latest hilarious clip included Mayo mispronouncing bandana...lolz. It is utter chod like, and the new format was so forced it was uncomfortable. The other show that seems to get equal advertising space is Fearne Cottons new Sunday night show, that seems to sell itself on wanting to talk about shitty nappies, parenting and growing old whilst listening to a radio!

Fearne Cottons new Sunday night show, that seems to sell itself on wanting to talk about shitty nappies, parenting and growing old whilst listening to a radio!
It’s almost like the 20 somethings of the 00’s are now 30 somethings with mortgages & kids & not a lot else...

"Serious Jockin, No G" Fuck off Steve eh? :cool:

I d o n ‘ t g e t the ‘serious jockin’ thing. A t. A l l.

He plays some records. They sound the same as the other records he plays. He says ‘this is serious jockin’ (no g)’ and everybody texts in with stuff that should have a ‘g’ in it but doesn’t. He reads it all out. I believe this is supposed to entertain in some way.

Then next morning or whatever, Chris Evans plays half a song by AC/DC and half a song by Led Zeppelin, talks over them, intersperses and interrupts them with jingle after jingle about it being ‘serious rockin’ (no g). And says thanks to Steve Wright.

I don’t get it. Can they all be taken out and shot with shit.

And replaced with Sara Cox ( sigh)

Back