SIM card for an Old man

mickb2112

Striker
My 85 year old Uncle needs a cheap Pay As You Go SIM card for his new phone with big buttons. he doesn`t need any data and will never send a text so all he needs are minutes to make calls.

Can anyone recommend a good one?? I`ve been to Sainsbury`s and Asda after the bloke in Carphone Warehouse recommended their own brands but they only seem to have ones with loads of data and texts !!!

Any ideas??

Thanks

My 85 year old Uncle needs a cheap Pay As You Go SIM card for his new phone with big buttons. he doesn`t need any data and will never send a text so all he needs are minutes to make calls.

Can anyone recommend a good one?? I`ve been to Sainsbury`s and Asda after the bloke in Carphone Warehouse recommended their own brands but they only seem to have ones with loads of data and texts !!!

Any ideas??

Thanks
If they are still cheap what's the problem? It's like knocking back a car as it has sat nav as you don't want it when it's the same price.

Last edited:

Any ideas??

Thanks

I've my mum on £6 a month with unlimited calls via Sky Mobile.

Her use of the phone was just enough to justify a contract phone.

If his calling is very limited, any pay as you go SIM should be enough, say Tesco or ASDA.

Me mam used to ring me off her mobile then switch the fooker off.
Frustratin if i rang her back so i asked her "mam, why d"ya switch ya mobile off after ringing me" ?
"Well to save the battery son"
Ffs :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Frustratin if i rang her back so i asked her "mam, why d"ya switch ya mobile off after ringing me" ?
My uncle was determined never to have a BT phone back in the 70s

He was in his 80s but his sisters wanted to keep in touch

He answered what happens if it rings when I'm out :D

I think it would be impossible to find a SIM that didn’t have some kind of data or texts bundle these days. Even most PAYG phones have “top up £x in a month and get xfeee texts and data” deals on them.

This. I've got her out of the habit.

Back