Silver feathers’ high st update.

the boot

Winger
An invite to all smb members to add an update when you are in one our great citys high streets as to how busy it is and any other content you would like to add ie. smells, oooh discounts!!! And sights.
Thanks in advance.

I was shambling about Sea Road around 11am yesterday. Bought some Chocolate Limes from the pleasant lass in the sweet shop on the crossroads and an excellent slice of quiche from Mullers. Generally, a respectable number of people about for a chilly Thursday morning. Most shops just 1-2 customers. Ageing hippy spotted knocking clothes off rail in hospice charity shop (accidently). Most cafes already doing a bit of business. No queues out of the door at Stirks (no-one in). Still no idea what shops The Occulum and San something (?) are going / supposed to be. How does blonde hardware woman next to Rosemarys Cafe keep going? Never seen her sell anything. Report over.

I was shambling about Sea Road around 11am yesterday. Bought some Chocolate Limes from the pleasant lass in the sweet shop on the crossroads and an excellent slice of quiche from Mullers. Generally, a respectable number of people about for a chilly Thursday morning. Most shops just 1-2 customers. Ageing hippy spotted knocking clothes off rail in hospice charity shop (accidently). Most cafes already doing a bit of business. No queues out of the door at Stirks (no-one in). Still no idea what shops The Occulum and San something (?) are going / supposed to be. How does blonde hardware woman next to Rosemarys Cafe keep going? Never seen her sell anything. Report over.
Very good should we do a trip advisor style stars out of five for overall experience?

Tradelink? I've bought a few things from there.

Seaham sea front.
Nowt special, few people milling about cafeterias moderately busy.
Tommy had his usual two or three people getting pictures took next to him.
The only place that seemed busy is the Costa coffee.
Big shout out to the old bloke who decided he DID want to walk over the crossing at the last minute in Asda carpark (ample parking btw).
Now all my tools are at the front of my van instead of the back.
Overall smell; coal dust.
2 stars.

Feather's ffs
Seaham sea front.
Nowt special, few people milling about cafeterias moderately busy.
Tommy had his usual two or three people getting pictures took next to him.
The only place that seemed busy is the Costa coffee.
Big shout out to the old bloke who decided he DID want to walk over the crossing at the last minute in Asda carpark (ample parking btw).
Now all my swag is at the front of my van instead of the back.
Overall smell; coal dust.
2 stars.
Canny review, but tidied, in light of recent revelations of affiliation.

Tradelink? I've bought a few things from there.
Aye, thats it. Often see her chatting with people but no-on seems to buy owt. Mind, the dry cleaners next door always seems busy and there's always loads of wimmen in and out of that Truly Gifted shop. I suppose I could have said the same for that weird Extra First shop that sells all sorts of nick-nacks (run by Sikhs?) and I sort of blank out the various Accountants, Mortgage people, Estate Agents, Tanning / Nail places, etc. which play little part in zwarteworld. Sea Road is canny though, seems to be surviving ok.

Wallsend High Street is class

Nash off, halfwit. Proper review or it doesn't exist. :lol::lol:

Stowell Street.

Faint whiff of Chinese food. Some roadworks in the middle for electrical cables. A lorry parked up and unloading fresh produce. Group of students walking through. Two old Chinese blokes sitting in the little garden having a good natter.

Stowell Street.

Faint whiff of Chinese food. Some roadworks in the middle for electrical cables. A lorry parked up and unloading fresh produce. Group of students walking through. Two old Chinese blokes sitting in the little garden having a good natter.
No queues out of doors?

Back