Silksworth running track is not free to use.

ouro

Striker
As the thread title states. It is maintained by 'Everyone Active' and costs £2 a session. I only dug this information out after being told yet again: 'Sunderland Harriers only until noon' when I went for a run. The Harrier I spoke to was also a lying c*nt, as they have it booked on Tuesday & Thursday evenings, not the weekends. The contrarian part of my nature has me thinking about booking lane 3 at 11am on a Saturday to see how that affects their training sessions.

As the thread title states. It is maintained by 'Everyone Active' and costs £2 a session. I only dug this information out after being told yet again: 'Sunderland Harriers only until noon' when I went for a run. The Harrier I spoke to was also a lying c*nt, as they have it booked on Tuesday & Thursday evenings, not the weekends. The contrarian part of my nature has me thinking about booking lane 3 at 11am on a Saturday to see how that affects their training sessions.
Run faster and get a chase, save 2 quid

Thought's and prayers mate...

Sounds like you enjoy running yer gob anarl mate

I am 55. My knees are shot, and my ankles and hips are not far behind. Running downhill is excruciating. If only there were a cushioned, level track just a mile away... Oh and Raker -go fuck yourself.
I would mate but I’m knackered from my run round hawthorn earlier

I've ran on it plenty of times at different times of the week and never once been spoken to. Must have just been lucky with my timing. I'm an Everyone Active member mind so sounds like I should be allowed any time if I'm helping fund it. Always assumed it was just available to everyone.

Track Visit - 50 Mins​

• Category: Athletics Track
  • 60 Minute Sessions
  • Open to: Everyone Welcome

Monday:09:00 - 18:00

Tuesday:09:00 - 17:00

Wednesday:09:00 - 18:00

Thursday:09:00 - 17:00

Friday:09:00 - 17:00

Saturday:09:00 - 18:00

Sunday:13:00 - 18:00

Prices:​

adult

junior

senior

concession

Peak

£2.00

£2.00

£2.00

£2.00

Off Peak

£2.00

£2.00

£2.00

£2.00

Discounts may be available to certain groups or members

Become a member of everyone active, it's great value for money.

I am 55. My knees are shot, and my ankles and hips are not far behind. Running downhill is excruciating. If only there were a cushioned, level track just a mile away... Oh and Raker -go fuck yourself.
Shouldn’t be running at all. Get a bike or go swimming.

Shouldn’t be running at all. Get a bike or go swimming.
I cycle all over the place, it barely raises my heart rate - in fact I was locking my bike to the running track fence when I was turned away. I used to swim a lot, but there is simply no cardio fix quicker than a 25 minute 5k, in and done, the rest of the day ahead of you. 12 laps in lane 3 if you are interested. I have a route for road running that begins and ends at my home and works out at 5.38km, but as I say, the hills play a tune on my knees.

The Sunderland harriers have it booked from 18:30pm, Tuesday and Thursdays. They don't like people on the track with them, not even other running clubs.

The Sunderland strollers have it booked from 17:30pm Tuesday for 1 hour. Also Wednesday night. The strollers won't kick you off if you want to use the track in that time. Just be courteous and use track etiquette.

Think harriers do have it sun morning , kids sprint groups , or use to be
Might be better off running on grass ? Round the footy pitches near ski slope off top silky lane

Last edited:
Think the harriers may have it booked Saturday mornings in addition to Tuesday and Thursdays.
Strollers have bookings for Wednesday evenings.
Sure Houghton harriers have a booking one night a week
But aye, get paying for your track usage, it wouldn't last if everyone used it for nowt

Back