Silence From The Club

I hate this phrase.

When’s it acceptable to start ‘pissing yer knickers’ cause I’ve been told this ever since we were on the decline from the premiership.

Can’t I show some concern for the club I love and have emotional support for.
It’s only acceptable when the head coach comes out and says that he’s having sleepless nights over the situation... oh wait

I feel a bit sorry for Lee Johnson. And he does me head in. It would not be entirely unheard of for a manager in a stronger position than his to have thrown their toys by now

I wouldn’t go as far to say I feel sorry for him but he has undoubtedly been let down thus far.

If the club have nowt to say I’m happy for them to say nowt. I’d rather that than leadership group announcements and announcements of contract extensions that seemingly already existed in a fashion anyway.

Things arent great, most know they aren’t great so just get on with making them better and tell us when that’s happening.

No it’s not IMHO
Maybe that's correct right now...but it will be a confirmed shambles if this is not sorted by deadline day.

Are we even sure what transfer budget and wage bill our people are working to? Are we competitive in that area under the new ownership? I am not sure we are.

The current situation is caused by either holding out for the right player and the right deal or not being in the same financial ball park as Wigan (yes, f***ing Wigan!) and the championship clubs we may find ourselves competing with.

They should release a statement letting everyone know that it's different this time and we're just waiting for the right players and the quality that becomes available at the end of the window IMO.

It's really important that everyone knows how different it is this time. Couldn't be any more different IIRC there.

I would have thought they’d be giving it a big build up trying to get fans in for Saturday but there’s been nowt. It’s crackers.

I'm not sure what people want the club to say tbh?

To let us know they're working on signings.... well they've said that so what's the point in saying it again?

A statement building anticipation of the first match..... would just get ripped apart on here, covering the same ground over and over.

Perhaps something telling us how to get into the ground and letting us know there may be a few issues and teething problems with the new system with plenty advanced warning so people can plan accordingly, done that, and there's a thread moaning about that already.

What else could they say that would make people happy?

Obviously we'd all like a few quality signings in through the door, but if that's not going to happen yet (I just hope it has by the end of the window) then they can't really say or do a lot. Maybe if they offered a few of our fans a hug or something?

Back