Sigma 10-22mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cartman

Anyone used one of these before, I am after a used one and am keeping my eye on ebay.

Any other sites for buying used kit?

i would love one too mate, but they are just outta my price range.

jessops had them for about £230 or something about 6 month ago, missed them, gutted.

No such thing. Do you mean the Sigma 10-20 or Canon EF-S 10-22? ;)

The Sigma 10-20 is a good, VFM rectilinear wide lens. It's got some serious exaggerated perspective in the outer regions which is not for everyone, but I think it looks great on landscape shots. The old 10-20 was a bit slow at f4 but I think they have released an f3.5 version.

I hasten to add I don't own one, just considered it when I was looking for a wide astro lens. F4 was too slow for me, I fancied the Tokina 11-16/f2.8 but ended up with the Samyang 8mm fisheye cos I was borassic.

I bought one not long ago second hand for £260 from a guy on talkphotography. Its become my favourite lens, Like smoker says its great for landscapes.

No such thing. Do you mean the Sigma 10-20 or Canon EF-S 10-22? ;)

The Sigma 10-20 is a good, VFM rectilinear wide lens. It's got some serious exaggerated perspective in the outer regions which is not for everyone, but I think it looks great on landscape shots. The old 10-20 was a bit slow at f4 but I think they have released an f3.5 version.

I hasten to add I don't own one, just considered it when I was looking for a wide astro lens. F4 was too slow for me, I fancied the Tokina 11-16/f2.8 but ended up with the Samyang 8mm fisheye cos I was borassic.

yeah meant 10-20 :-D thanks

I bought one not long ago second hand for £260 from a guy on talkphotography. Its become my favourite lens, Like smoker says its great for landscapes.

I am wanting it solely for landscapes and for that price I would take their hand off, you got a bargain mate

i would love one too mate, but they are just outta my price range.

jessops had them for about £230 or something about 6 month ago, missed them, gutted.

bloody hell, they are around £400-450 new now

I am wanting it solely for landscapes and for that price I would take their hand off, you got a bargain mate

Yeah I know, Same as you I wanted a good lanscape lens. Checkout the forums at www.talkphotography.co.uk they have a very good classifieds section, you need to make 5 posts for pm priveleges and 30 days and 100 posts to sell but you can buy at any time. They have a decent trader feedback system and everybody seems genuine. I have bought almost all of my kit from there!

Used to have a sigma 10-20mm when i was DX was a canny lens but had to be stopped down to get the best out of it (f/8 to f16 IIRC). Amazingly wide FOV like.

Used to have a sigma 10-20mm when i was DX was a canny lens but had to be stopped down to get the best out of it (f/8 to f16 IIRC). Amazingly wide FOV like.

that suits me as I would imagine I will be shooting from a tripod at around f11 most of the time

Came very close to getting one, but ended up with the Tokina 12-24 f4. That is a superb lens, roughly the same price iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back