Side Effects

My parents (late 60s) and sister in law (late 20s NHS Worker) all had Pfizer and were absolutely fine. My brother in law (30, asthmatic) had AZ and was ill for 24 hours or so.

A few friend-of-friends etc have had the vaccine and all the ones who had Pfizer have been fine, the ones who have had side effects have had AZ.
Weird that , I have a couple of dozen friends , all had AZ , none of them had any side effects. Mind you I don't think any of us would call slight ache at the point of injection a side effect.

Weird that , I have a couple of dozen friends , all had AZ , none of them had any side effects. Mind you I don't think any of us would call slight ache at the point of injection a side effect.
Yeah my mum had a swelling at the point of entry, but she gets that with every injection she gets - had it with the flu vaccine last year as well. I wouldn’t call it a side effect.

Apparently you are more likely to get side effects if you’ve already had COVID - my BiL’s in laws both had it, and his friend who had side effects is a teacher - so it might have been that they’d had it but were asymptomatic. Just to add that I’m only aware of 3 people who have had side effects and I know at least a couple of dozen people who’ve had the vaccine.

Last edited:
I had the AZ vaccine on Sunday. No side effects besides the usual sore arm. The only side effect I'm not looking forward to, if any with 2nd dose, is bonce ache. I can cope with many things, but not bonce ache.

I had the AZ vaccine on Sunday. No side effects besides the usual sore arm. The only side effect I'm not looking forward to, if any with 2nd dose, is bonce ache. I can cope with many things, but not bonce ache.
Bonce ache 😂.

Nice to hear of someone getting no side effects after the AZ. I’m getting that one in the morning (I assume as going to the Nightingale) so fingers crossed I don’t get any either.

All medicine has side effects. That's why they are medicines. A side effect of the COVID 19 vaccines is they almost guarantee you won't get seriously ill or die. Okey Dokey.

Bonce ache 😂.

Nice to hear of someone getting no side effects after the AZ. I’m getting that one in the morning (I assume as going to the Nightingale) so fingers crossed I don’t get any either.
It's around 50/50 here for side effects. Some have had nowt, some feel a bit off for a few hours after and a small amount have fragility etc for a day or two. So nothing to really worry about.

Yeah my mum had a swelling at the point of entry, but she gets that with every injection she gets - had it with the flu vaccine last year as well. I wouldn’t call it a side effect.

Apparently you are more likely to get side effects if you’ve already had COVID - my BiL’s in laws both had it, and his friend who had side effects is a teacher - so it might have been that they’d had it but were asymptomatic. Just to add that I’m only aware of 3 people who have had side effects and I know at least a couple of dozen people who’ve had the vaccine.
Weird. Most people just get a sore arm. :lol:

(sorry mate)

Had my AZ jab last night at 7. Arm was a bit sore but nothing else. Woke up this morning feeling hungover, but it's a much more manageable hangover than the ones I get when I've been drinking.
Still feeling a big groggy, but nothing too bad.

My hair turned grey in my mid forties, as did my fathers so no mystery there. Had Covid April, lot's of problems that have at long last abated. The one positive is that I no longer have brittle grey hair...not one on any part of my body!

I've just had a google regarding grey hair and found this: Grey hair is caused by metabolic and mitochondrial alterations In the 2020 study which found greying can be reversed, the Columbia University researchers found proteins held the key to going grey.

I then Googled Covid and Mitochondria and found this: The USC study expands on recent findings that COVID-19 tamps down the body’s innate inflammatory response, finding it does so by diverting mitochondria from their normal function.

I'm 74 with youngsters hair lol.

Coincidence or a reaction to Covid?
My hair turned grey in my mid forties, as did my fathers so no mystery there. Had Covid April, lot's of problems that have at long last abated. The one positive is that I no longer have brittle grey hair...not one on any part of my body!

I've just had a google regarding grey hair and found this: Grey hair is caused by metabolic and mitochondrial alterations In the 2020 study which found greying can be reversed, the Columbia University researchers found proteins held the key to going grey.

I then Googled Covid and Mitochondria and found this: The USC study expands on recent findings that COVID-19 tamps down the body’s innate inflammatory response, finding it does so by diverting mitochondria from their normal function.

I'm 74 with youngsters hair lol.

Coincidence or a reaction to Covid?
Interesting: Wrinkles and Hair Loss Reversed through Mitochondrial Restoration

Last edited:

Back