Side Effects

Yesterday we both had the Oxford Astra Zenica Vaccine, My wife who doesn't drink at all now has been saying she feels like she has a hangover, I have nothing other than a little pain where the needle went in my arm.
What side effects if any did you have with your injection?

i had covid in january and had pfizer jab this afternoon ( i was really unsure becuase flu jab has caused me big problems for two years in a row , but have come under intense pressure from family to have it ) , my arms still knacks , felt shivery a couple of hours ago and im struggling with breathing a little ) , my sister in law had jab and was ill for 2 days , says it was worse than the actual covid

strangely my mam and dad 82 and 79 had zero side effects - seems like the bloody jab is as mysterious as covid itself !!!!

I had an Oxford one first thing in the morning. That evening, I felt cold when I was watching tele so I had a blanket over me, then I woke up feeling cold during that night and put a blanket on over my duvet. I didn't think anything of it as I often feel the cold, but then my Mam said the same happened to her so maybe it was a side effect. Nothing else happened though.

The French have a theory that if you have already been exposed to covid then you have a stronger reaction to the vaccination, which sort of makes sense as your body is already prepared to repel the covid boarders.

I haven’t been across the doors for months, and don’t believe that I have had any exposure to covid, and had only a slightly sore arm after having the Pfizer vaccination.

The French have a theory that if you have already been exposed to covid then you have a stronger reaction to the vaccination, which sort of makes sense as your body is already prepared to repel the covid boarders.

I haven’t been across the doors for months, and don’t believe that I have had any exposure to covid, and had only a slightly sore arm after having the Pfizer vaccination.

That's me not getting it then.

I only know one person who had the Pfizer jab and she was alright. I know loads of friends and family who have had the Oxford Astra Zenica jab, some who have had covid and some a lot younger than others and none of them had any side effects from it.

I've read that it can't give you covid or flu like symptoms because it's not actually injecting you with any form or dosage of the virus it's just sending a 'signal' to your RNA of what to look for and how to fight it rather than giving you anything nasty that would trigger covid or flu like reaction.

I wonder if people who feel some sort of side effects from it may be alergic to something in it that they don't know about? Or they are already suffering with something when they've recieved the vaccine?

i had covid in january and had pfizer jab this afternoon ( i was really unsure becuase flu jab has caused me big problems for two years in a row , but have come under intense pressure from family to have it ) , my arms still knacks , felt shivery a couple of hours ago and im struggling with breathing a little ) , my sister in law had jab and was ill for 2 days , says it was worse than the actual covid

strangely my mam and dad 82 and 79 had zero side effects - seems like the bloody jab is as mysterious as covid itself !!!!
Our lasses Gran (mid 90s) and her mam (mid 60s) have both had their first jab and claim to have had no side effects. Our lass (37) is having hers next Wednesday through work and I'm anticipating she will be ill as fuck.

Our lasses Gran (mid 90s) and her mam (mid 60s) have both had their first jab and claim to have had no side effects. Our lass (37) is having hers next Wednesday through work and I'm anticipating she will be ill as fuck.
[/QUOTE']
Gran, mother... daughter, good genetics maybes? Either way the oldies won't even notice /mention it, don't be letting your lass rap around the finger is the moral 😊

Our lass had Pfizer and had mild covid symptoms for 24 hours. Came on and off like someone flicked a switch.

Anecdotally, seems to be younger people, and those who have had Covid already, tend to have a worse reaction.

Those who’ve had the vaccine: do they tell you which one you’re getting or did you have to ask?

Getting mine later today.

Back