Showering with the dog

I have a lovey dog and a walk-in shower but the last thing that I would want to do is have a shower with the dog or even allow the dog in to a shower that I use. As nice as they are dogs aren't humans. I don't want traces of dog feces or urine in my shower for the simple reason that dogs are resistant to certain types of bacteria which they carry that I am not.

It's nothing personal but we happen to be different species so on occasion its best to keep each other are arms length. I don't think that their exposure to soap and shampoos made for humans as well as bathroom cleaners and disinfectant would do the dog much good either. And in my experience dogs do not tolerate hot water as humans do they prefer it to be warm or tepid

I have a lovey dog and a walk-in shower but the last thing that I would want to do is have a shower with the dog or even allow the dog in to a shower that I use. As nice as they are dogs aren't humans. I don't want traces of dog feces or urine in my shower for the simple reason that dogs are resistant to certain types of bacteria which they carry that I am not.

It's nothing personal but we happen to be different species so on occasion its best to keep each other are arms length. I don't think that their exposure to soap and shampoos made for humans as well as bathroom cleaners and disinfectant would do the dog much good either. And in my experience dogs do not tolerate hot water as humans do they prefer it to be warm or tepid

So I take it you have a separate bathroom for your dog then?

I wasn’t suggesting hoying Radox about and lathering up together ffs. The dog has its own shampoo – I’d be on about washing the dog separately then drying off together on the bed obviously.

So I take it you have a separate bathroom for your dog then?

I wasn’t suggesting hoying Radox about and lathering up together ffs. The dog has its own shampoo – I’d be on about washing the dog separately then drying off together on the bed obviously.
Well it's no exactly a bathroom it's a hot and cold tap outside with one of those old rubber mixer shower hoses and a soak away.
Now here's and interesting article for you:
Review of bacterial and viral zoonotic infections transmitted by dogs

Don't get me wrong I love dogs - I just don't let them do things like lick my face and I accept that I can't do things like eat horse shit like and bite rats to death like them

Well it's no exactly a bathroom it's a hot and cold tap outside with one of those old rubber mixer shower hoses and a soak away.
Now here's and interesting article for you:
Review of bacterial and viral zoonotic infections transmitted by dogs

Don't get me wrong I love dogs - I just don't let them do things like lick my face and I accept that I can't do things like eat horse shit like and bite rats to death like them

All jokes aside I don’t allow face licking but sometimes we like to touch noses.

Back