Showaddywaddy - 1

Sad news there like. TAWTFAF.

They were an odd lot like weren't they? Look at that picture - it looks like they just hauled a gang of boot boys from the mid seventies off the terraces and dressed them up as cartoon Teds.

When I used to go to the ice rink in the late seventies there was a Ted there who would show up in his drapes and creepers, everyone would watch him carefully fold his coat and stash his creepers in the locker. This was in the punk era so he must have had brass balls as he was clearly in the minority.

Loved them when I was infant/early junior school age as Da Leg was an old ted and I latched onto the image. Got wrong for singing "Under the Moon of Love" into a desert spoon during dinnertime grace by Mrs Vasey the dinner lady. :D

Saw them (unplanned) at a holiday camp in the west lakes circa 2005. They were shite.

“Hey Rock n Roll “
a Rosedene juke box classic in the 70’s , on all the time !

Pretty sure @mini-x2 puts this on everytime he's in.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
In the back room - in the corner.
Billy (G.B.H.) was the manager.

Yes , and I think it played in the side room with the pool table too, where the discos were held.
I doubt anyone who knows the current Rosedene would believe what it was like in those days . Deserves a thread in it’s own right :)

Crepes and Drapes was the first album I was given as a Christmas present. I saw them live in the late 70’s, think it was at the theatre royal, but may have been at the Empire.

Yes , and I think it played in the side room with the pool table too, where the discos were held.
I doubt anyone who knows the current Rosedene would believe what it was like in those days . Deserves a thread in it’s own right :)

That side room was a garage where G.B.H. kept his motor in before it got done out, and a passageway put in from the lounge.
Around 1976-77 if I remember right.
Used to be canny in there.

Loved them when I was infant/early junior school age as Da Leg was an old ted and I latched onto the image. Got wrong for singing "Under the Moon of Love" into a desert spoon during dinnertime grace by Mrs Vasey the dinner lady. :D

Saw them (unplanned) at a holiday camp in the west lakes circa 2005. They were shite.

Pretty sure @mini-x2 puts this on everytime he's in.

You’ve got it wrong, it’s ‘Rock and Roll’ by Gary Glitter that I flick on.

Back