Shoulder/Rotator Cuff Injuries

Last few weeks I've been waking up in the morning with pain in me shoulders, really tender in the sockets. Seems to be getting worse, was awful this morning trying to pick the bairn up.

Had a quick look online and looks like its Rotator Cuff tendinitis, off to the doctors next week like. Anyone had this? Seems like I'll be at Physio for a while by the sound of it
Bit unusual for it to affect both shoulders at the same time mind. Ask your doc about polymyalgia rheumatica. Prollies not but nee harm in checking.

You may get a cortisone injection. I've got problems with my rotator cuff but alongside a shitload of other issues (arthritis, tendon tears etc.) and this is what is proposed for me. Allegedly painful and relatively short term but it will almost certainly give you relief. I find Deep Heat helps.

Rotator cuff, labrum tear and detached tendons for me. Torture for a long time. Had to have surgery in the end at Sunderland. Consultant said it was typical injury of a baseball pitcher, javelin thrower or fast bowler. Given I'm right handed and it was my left shoulder I've got no idea what happened. But I can't throw a baseball or javelin either, and my efforts at bowling wouldn't have even qualified as medium pace.

I remember playing 5 a side footy before I went to get it sorted and someone ran into me but barely touched my shoulder. I had to stand still and brace myself for 30 seconds because the pain was that bad. Consultant said that every time I moved my left arm, my shoulder was on the point of dislocation there was so little cartilage left intact.

I couldn't sleep because as soon as I nodded off and my arm relaxed and moved, the pain used to wake me up. Had to get help to put clothes on. It was bloody ridiculous when I think about it. And I went months without going to get it seen to.

After the surgery my left arm was immobilized for 6 weeks (supposedly). I was hacked off after about two, so decided to go out in the car. Changing gear right handed whilst trying to steer with your knees is not recommended.

Surgery was a complete success, consultant at Sunderland was called Mr Stirrat - if he's still there and you are local I'd recommend trying to get into to see him

Last few weeks I've been waking up in the morning with pain in me shoulders, really tender in the sockets. Seems to be getting worse, was awful this morning trying to pick the bairn up.

Had a quick look online and looks like its Rotator Cuff tendinitis, off to the doctors next week like. Anyone had this? Seems like I'll be at Physio for a while by the sound of it
Mods we need a health and injury board are there any doctors in the house
I've got the very same thing
Renovated the garden last year digging out tree roots and putting in railway sleepers etc and since then some days I can hardly move my right shoulder
Can't lie on my right side in bed unless I'm on 2 pillows
It's ok doing certain thinks and then you can reach for a cup in the cupboard and the pain is excruciating
Can't even tuck me shirt into me trousers without it knacking
Putting down to old age but Looked on Internet and looks like it's the rotor cuff or something and may need keyhole surgery
Lass at work fell of her horse and has had the same thing but even with key hole off work for 6 weeks

I've got these symptoms, been for an x-ray and an ultrasound, turns out I have a calcium build up inside my tendon. I find out on Monday what they are going to do about it, but some Googlement says they can stick a needle in my tendon and suck it out like toothpaste.

I've got these symptoms, been for an x-ray and an ultrasound, turns out I have a calcium build up inside my tendon. I find out on Monday what they are going to do about it, but some Googlement says they can stick a needle in my tendon and suck it out like toothpaste.
:eek:

I had decompression surgery on my right shoulder 20 years ago, because of rotator cuff problems. Apparently, the surgeon used a hammer and chisel to chip away some bone from the joint. The first few weeks after the surgery were spent high on pain killers, and sleeping upright in a chair because I couldn't lie down. The pain eventually eased but is still there to this day, and mobility of the shoulder is limited.
Happy days !

Did you get sorted?
I woke up with pain in my right shoulder and neck this morning and it’s still hurts now
Aye I saw a physio and they basically said it was how I was sleeping. Forced myself to sleep a different way and not been a problem since. I forgot I posted this thread tbh :lol:

Mods we need a health and injury board are there any doctors in the house
I've got the very same thing
Renovated the garden last year digging out tree roots and putting in railway sleepers etc and since then some days I can hardly move my right shoulder
Can't lie on my right side in bed unless I'm on 2 pillows
It's ok doing certain thinks and then you can reach for a cup in the cupboard and the pain is excruciating
Can't even tuck me shirt into me trousers without it knacking
Putting down to old age but Looked on Internet and looks like it's the rotor cuff or something and may need keyhole surgery
Lass at work fell of her horse and has had the same thing but even with key hole off work for 6 weeks
Update
I started playing squash again and it went
Must of been a trapped nerve

15 months after dislocating my shoulder I'm back at full function. It's stronger than the other one. I had the good fortune to be sent on an intensive rehab course for three weeks in october which made a gigantic difference. All day every day working on it.

I had exactly that, the doc gave me a print out of some gentle exercises to do, there's not much else, it turns out it was the position I was sleeping in putting stress on the rotator cuff, coupled with getting old, I sleep in a different position and the pain etc went away after a few weeks

Tore mine badly about 10 years ago whilst bowling. Despite physio it has never healed properly. I had the chance to have surgery but turned it down. Still sore on occasions and it's much weaker than the other one. Hope you get sorted mate.

Back