Shoulder injury

Wild Card

Winger
Sorry to start a new thread but felt a knew one would get a better response.

i was at the gym a few weeks ago and attempted a bench press with some dumbells and i had some pain in my right shoulder/arm. not a lot but it was uncomfortable and i had lost about 50% of strength in that shoulder/arm.

There was no sign of any injury or problem before i went and no impact injury when i was there. now for the last 2 weeks i have what i can only describe is a blunt ache in my shoulder/arm with bursts of occasional pain if i move in a direction it doesn't like.

the pain seems to be where my deltoid/bicep/tricep meet just under the deltiod curve and its not shifting?

Does anyone know what it could be? shoulder aids maybe?

i was at the gym a few weeks ago and attempted a bench press with some dumbells and i had some pain in my right shoulder/arm. not a lot but it was uncomfortable and i had lost about 50% of strength in that shoulder/arm.

There was no sign of any injury or problem before i went and no impact injury when i was there. now for the last 2 weeks i have what i can only describe is a blunt ache in my shoulder/arm with bursts of occasional pain if i move in a direction it doesn't like.

the pain seems to be where my deltoid/bicep/tricep meet just under the deltiod curve and its not shifting?

Edit: new not Knew

Last edited:

Could be your rotator cuff..did mine last summer.

Could be your rotator cuff..did mine last summer.
Cheers. It does maybe feel like it, classic symptoms of loss of strength, dull ache, not going away after 3 weeks. I played 5 a side on Sunday and it was putting me off running when I had to sprint. If it is the rotator cuff, did it heal on its own or did you have to do something? I ignored patella tendonitis in my younger days and that was a big mistake.

Cheers. It does maybe feel like it, classic symptoms of loss of strength, dull ache, not going away after 3 weeks. I played 5 a side on Sunday and it was putting me off running when I had to sprint. If it is the rotator cuff, did it heal on its own or did you have to do something? I ignored patella tendonitis in my younger days and that was a big mistake.

Doctors first..it’s a pretty easy diagnosis for them..I had physio but it took ages to get back to normal..did it back end of July last year and it’s sort of back to normal now..get it looked at first though.

Had exactly the same thing along with pain in the back of the delt . Get a hard physio ball and use it up against a wall to loosen trigger points in infra/supra spinatus , all round delts , top of pec and that specific pain point . Then get some heat on it ( wheat bag)
You will probably need a programme for getting it back to strength , I had to start literally with a 1k dumbbell . Just about strong again now after a year. Used to keep me awake with the pain and the worst thing was waking up forgetting about it and stretching ⚡⚡⚡

Had exactly the same thing along with pain in the back of the delt . Get a hard physio ball and use it up against a wall to loosen trigger points in infra/supra spinatus , all round delts , top of pec and that specific pain point . Then get some heat on it ( wheat bag)
You will probably need a programme for getting it back to strength , I had to start literally with a 1k dumbbell . Just about strong again now after a year. Used to keep me awake with the pain and the worst thing was waking up forgetting about it and stretching ⚡⚡⚡

Cheers, give it a go havnt got much to lose by trying, the naproxen isn't working and I don't like taking it.

Also sounds a bit like frozen shoulder

This, but hopefully not as it's a fecker and lasts ages. Gets worse before it gets better too. Apparently if you get it in one shoulder there's a good chance you'll get it in the other, so I was told when I was being bounced around the NHS. I had about six months after my right shoulder healed before the left one kicks in. I do realise I'm pissing on your chips here @Wild Card :lol: so hopefully it's not that. Get it looked at.

This, but hopefully not as it's a fecker and lasts ages. Gets worse before it gets better too. Apparently if you get it in one shoulder there's a good chance you'll get it in the other, so I was told when I was being bounced around the NHS. I had about six months after my right shoulder healed before the left one kicks in. I do realise I'm pissing on your chips here @Wild Card :lol: so hopefully it's not that. Get it looked at.

Yeah mine was similar.
Had it in the right shoulder and took the best part of 12-18 months to get full flexibility back with no pain.
No sooner had that cleared when the left shoulder went. Not quite as bad as I realised what it was earlier and started doing some of the physio I had for the other but still almost a year to clear and still got some twinges in it when swimming.

Yeah mine was similar.
Had it in the right shoulder and took the best part of 12-18 months to get full flexibility back with no pain.
No sooner had that cleared when the left shoulder went. Not quite as bad as I realised what it was earlier and started doing some of the physio I had for the other but still almost a year to clear and still got some twinges in it when swimming.

Pain in the 2nd one was much worse for me. I got an injection in the 2nd shoulder, that wasn't meant to hurt, but f***ing knacked 😂 Both took 18-24 months to heal for me. Have you got full movement back now? I've noticed that I can no longer get my arms into position on the barbell if I want to squat. Will have to see if I can restore that range of motion

Had the cortisone injection on the first one and would say I've got full movement back now. At the worst stage I couldn't put my arm behind my back and lift my hand above belt level, now I can scratch my shoulder blade pain free.
Swimming helped recovery I think but had to wait a while before it was even possible. Golf was out completely.

Back