Shoulder alignment

Drexl

Winger
Anyone help with this? I’ve got one shoulder which sits slightly lower and also rests back further than the other, something I’ve dealt with for quite some time but I’m open to any exercise/stretching that might help align them so they’re equal.

Thanks

What sort of results have you found mate? Looks good that, I’ve done some of them and can really feel the tightness in certain muscles
I only started 3 days ago ... it went well until I pulled something in a shoulder! Go steadily and warm up first.

I agree that some muscles are a lot tighter than others. I struggled with the cobra and the one where you slide your arm up the wall.

I only started 3 days ago ... it went well until I pulled something in a shoulder! Go steadily and warm up first.

I agree that some muscles are a lot tighter than others. I struggled with the cobra and the one where you slide your arm up the wall.
Cheers, going to start doing them at the gym today and see how it goes. Will have to look for a shoulder warm up video aswell if that’s the case

Working a treat them exercises mate, done them the last two days at the gym and can already feel the difference in the way my shoulders sit, cheers

Last edited:
Cheers, going to start doing them at the gym today and see how it goes. Will have to look for a shoulder warm up video aswell if that’s the case

Working a treat them exercises mate, done them the last two days at the gym and can already feel the difference in the way my shoulders sit, cheers
No bother at all mate, I am glad they’re useful. I did the routines last night before bed, I usually get bored of stretching but quite enjoy these from the video.

I think that I knacked my shoulder from the towel over/behind stretch so I am missing it out for a bit.

No bother at all mate, I am glad they’re useful. I did the routines last night before bed, I usually get bored of stretching but quite enjoy these from the video.

I think that I knacked my shoulder from the towel over/behind stretch so I am missing it out for a bit.
Aye I’ve had to start with my arms quite wide on the towel/rope, never realised what a poor range of motion I had in my shoulders. The one up against the wall is a killer like.

Need to be careful where your shoulder is concerned..been having bother with my right one..turns out to be tendinitis..off work with it..Doctors..physio..nightmare..been told to leave the gym alone by physio anarl.

Last edited:
I kept up doing the exercises recommended in this thread, worked brilliantly. Improved my overall mobility and eased the tension and spasms in my muscles.
I am pleased that they are helpful, I was doing the exercises regularly but I have been a bit stumped for time - they seem to take me about 30 minutes!

When I am using my standing desk I usually have time to do the shoulder slide exercise up a wall, my lack of mobility in one shoulder has explained why I always struggled at the overhead press.

My posture hasn’t noticeably changed but I was going to review it after a few months.

I’ve also been sitting on the floor more often and I rarely sit on the sofa now.

Need to be careful where your shoulder is concerned..been having bother with my right one..turns out to be tendinitis..off work with it..Doctors..physio..nightmare..been told to leave the gym alone by physio anarl.

Couldn't agree more. I tried all sorts for 10 years before being diagnosed with necrosis. Turns out everything I tried was making things worse.
I'm now the proud owner of a shiny new titanium femoral head. Better than new now.
Couldn't agree more. I tried all sorts for 10 years before being diagnosed with necrosis. Turns out everything I tried was making things worse.
I'm now the proud owner of a shiny new titanium femoral head. Better than new now.

Edit: Humeral head , I do have a titanium femoral head as well but that’s another story.

Last edited:
I kept up doing the exercises recommended in this thread, worked brilliantly. Improved my overall mobility and eased the tension and spasms in my muscles.

I actually also have slightly unaligned shoulders. I'll give it a go.

Any tips, or just follow the video?

I am pleased that they are helpful, I was doing the exercises regularly but I have been a bit stumped for time - they seem to take me about 30 minutes!

When I am using my standing desk I usually have time to do the shoulder slide exercise up a wall, my lack of mobility in one shoulder has explained why I always struggled at the overhead press.

My posture hasn’t noticeably changed but I was going to review it after a few months.

I’ve also been sitting on the floor more often and I rarely sit on the sofa now.
My alignment is much better now and when I stand normally my shoulders look even, it’s bizarre but now my shoulder is in the “correct” position I see now how terribly my shoulders must have slanted beforehand
I actually also have slightly unaligned shoulders. I'll give it a go.

Any tips, or just follow the video?
I’ve just followed the video, I must admit I’ve probably only done it every other day the longer it’s went in, but the mobility increase and flexibility is much improved, as well as the alignment

Anyone help with this? I’ve got one shoulder which sits slightly lower and also rests back further than the other, something I’ve dealt with for quite some time but I’m open to any exercise/stretching that might help align them so they’re equal.

Thanks
I've got shoulder issues. Think most of the population do. Forward shoulders, or upper cross syndrome.
I do loads of mobility stuff every day, taking bands with me to work to try and get my shoulders back .

I also put a pull up bar in and do loafs of dead hangs

Back