Should we have flags for wembley this time

DH1

Midfield
Given how quiet (hungover) we were for the check a trade final last time should we be looking to give out free flags this time?

I'd say the smb were mostly against the idea last time, as was I! But after experiencing what it's like and seeing how much it lifted the pompey fans at times I think the general concensus on here was to have them for the play off final should we reach it.

Thoughts?

Not saying 37k generic ones like pompey. Ideally around 20k different sizes spread out mixed with the roker end ones.

I didn’t even think it was quiet for the checkatrade, not in the first half anyway. Maybe it depends where your seat was. Where I was everyone was stood and it felt like an away match. However in 2014 we were up in the gods and it was half stood/half sat and the atmosphere was a mismatch but it looked much better lower down. Second half was more subdued but when you go ultra defensive with no strikers and invite the oppo to pound away at you it tends to have that effect. Flags is a no from me except the proper ones the Roker End have at the minute rather than those Pompey style freebies, just sing and shout your head off and if you’re still hungover man up and have a couple more pints and you’ll be right as rain.

I didn’t even think it was quiet for the checkatrade, not in the first half anyway. Maybe it depends where your seat was. Where I was everyone was stood and it felt like an away match. However in 2014 we were up in the gods and it was half stood/half sat and the atmosphere was a mismatch but it looked much better lower down. Second half was more subdued but when you go ultra defensive with no strikers and invite the oppo to pound away at you it tends to have that effect. Flags is a no from me except the proper ones the Roker End have at the minute rather than those Pompey style freebies, just sing and shout your head off and if you’re still hungover man up and have a couple more pints and you’ll be right as rain.

neither did I tbh.

Anyone wanting to volunteer to take 200 flags down in the back of their car? :p

that was my point. ;)

everyone wants the flags but no-one actually thinks about the logistics. :)
Surely you could dip into the fund (assuming there money in the pot) and hire a man in a van to do it. Be a few hundred quid.

Or does the don know a man who knows a man

Surely you could dip into the fund (assuming there money in the pot) and hire a man in a van to do it. Be a few hundred quid.

Or does the don know a man who knows a man
Going to need volunteers to put them out, then collect them in.

Back