Should we get rid of the 1p and 2p coins?

You mean, I'll be able to purchase goods and services from someone with a greater degree of certainty that they'll be paying the right amount of tax? I'm all for that.

Sort that out, sort out the tax avoiding big businesses, great.

I would have thought someone in the public sector who has mentioned dwindling funding to the emergency services would be happy with an increased likelihood of proper tax revenue from those who seek to avoid it by doing cash-in-hand work.

How is it valid? He's basically just said

"Wait until people can't avoid tax as easily"

That's fine by me. I have no issue with the government taking a hard line to stop people avoiding tax. I just wish they'd do the same with large businesses.

Who'll suffer? The people at the bottom who haven't got a pot to piss in that's who.. Some people can barely afford to eat man never mind pay builders full price for shit inc vat. They'll just do without. I do bits and pieces for my ma's mates for a few beer tokens. 20 quid for jobs that firms will charge what? 60 or 80 quid for.

They couldn't afford to pay it so would just live with that slight leak under the sink or the few tiles missing causing all sorts of other problems.

I couldn't do shit like that for free, they couldn't pay full price and the tax man gets nowt. At least under the current system he gets the tax off my ales...

Now fuck off with yer no physical cash Utopia, it'll be anything but...

Who'll suffer? The people at the bottom who haven't got a pot to piss in that's who.. Some people can barely afford to eat man never mind pay builders full price for shit inc vat. They'll just do without. I do bits and pieces for my ma's mates for a few beer tokens. 20 quid for jobs that firms will charge what? 60 or 80 quid for.

They couldn't afford to pay it so would just live with that slight leak under the sink or the few tiles missing causing all sorts of other problems.

I couldn't do shit like that for free, they couldn't pay full price and the tax man gets nowt. At least under the current system he gets the tax off my ales...

Now fuck off with yer no physical cash Utopia, it'll be anything but...

The people at the bottom don't own homes so won't need to be paying builders for anything. That's the landlord's job.

Are you suggesting that a tax-free, cash-in-hand economy should be allowed to exist because it allows people on low-incomes access to cheaper goods and services?

It also deprives the taxpayer of hundreds of millions a year, I reckon. Maybe even more than a billion.

The people at the bottom don't own homes so won't need to be paying builders for anything. That's the landlord's job.

Are you suggesting that a tax-free, cash-in-hand economy should be allowed to exist because it allows people on low-incomes access to cheaper goods and services?

It also deprives the taxpayer of hundreds of millions a year, I reckon. Maybe even more than a billion.

Really? So most of the old biddies in fulwell scraping by on a shitty pension rent do they??

You're f***ing clueless squire...

Really? So most of the old biddies in fulwell scraping by on a shitty pension rent do they??

You're f***ing clueless squire...

How many own their own home but are as destitute as you claim, and get by thanks only to tradesman offering them cheap rates?

If they have an asset like a home, worth many tens of thousands, I wouldn't call them "the people at the bottom" like you did.

How many own their own home but are as destitute as you claim, and get by thanks only to tradesman offering them cheap rates?

If they have an asset like a home, worth many tens of thousands, I wouldn't call them "the people at the bottom" like you did.

Asset rich, cash poor then. Are you suggesting they sell their 80 grand dated cotteges instead of giving a sparky 20 quid to hoy a socket on????

Knackers, oh and while were on about sparkies vvvvv

If 1,000 electricians avoid £1,000 of tax over the course of a year, that's a million pounds of tax avoidance there mate.

1000 pound tax off one thousand sparkies is a shit load of little cash in hand fiddle jobs. Thats a lot of punters getting a skilled tradesman to sort their wiring out.

So then, how much would it cost the economy for the resulting injuries and deaths when the people who can't, or won't pay a firm full price electrocute themselves attempting diy????

I dare say it would be a tad more than a million quid. A couple of deaths or a few fires would see to that, not to mention the time lost to injuries falling off rickety old ladders attemping ceiling roses etc.

Now I know a few sparkies and I know that cash in hand will be mostly spent in local pubs and restaurants boosting the local economy.

In fact I'd say those lads are performing an excellent community service and it's a bargain.....

Asset rich, cash poor then. Are you suggesting they sell their 80 grand dated cotteges instead of giving a sparky 20 quid to hoy a socket on????

Knackers, oh and while were on about sparkies vvvvv

1000 pound tax off one thousand sparkies is a shit load of little cash in hand fiddle jobs. Thats a lot of punters getting a skilled tradesman to sort their wiring out.

So then, how much would it cost the economy for the resulting injuries and deaths when the people who can't, or won't pay a firm full price electrocute themselves attempting diy????

I dare say it would be a tad more than a million quid. A couple of deaths or a few fires would see to that, not to mention the time lost to injuries falling off rickety old ladders attemping ceiling roses etc.

Now I know a few sparkies and I know that cash in hand will be mostly spent in local pubs and restaurants boosting the local economy.

In fact I'd say those lads are performing an excellent community service and it's a bargain.....

Well if that's how you want to justify tax avoidance, by saying that they're doing their local communities and economies a service by defrauding the taxman, fair enough. I don't agree though.

If people are on the bones of their arses but are asset rich it does make sense to sell that asset mind. Why live somewhere you can only afford to maintain if you've got people to do maintenance who are happy to do cash in hand work?

My big whiskey jar (yes its an irish one) is only about a third full & i want to fill it, so keep them for the next 10 years at least.

Well if that's how you want to justify tax avoidance, by saying that they're doing their local communities and economies a service by defrauding the taxman, fair enough. I don't agree though.

If people are on the bones of their arses but are asset rich it does make sense to sell that asset mind. Why live somewhere you can only afford to maintain if you've got people to do maintenance who are happy to do cash in hand work?

Probably because they've lived there for 65 years and the move would kill them?

Back