Should the government be following USA in testing ?

tbh was a bit of a rhetorical question, knowing how late johnson was just don't trust this government either to do the right thing.
Do you think early or late lockdowns made any difference? There are 16 European countries that had higher deaths than us, most locked down earlier and didn't have our obesity problem, so we actually done ok. These are facts that may be unpopular with people that have a problem with BJ.

Do you think early or late lockdowns made any difference? There are 16 European countries that had higher deaths than us, most locked down earlier and didn't have our obesity problem, so we actually done ok. These are facts that may be unpopular with people that have a problem with BJ.
not sure, what I do think is letting people in where more than 1/2 are carrying a virus ( possibly an unknown strain ) is questionable.

not sure, what I do think is letting people in where more than 1/2 are carrying a virus ( possibly an unknown strain ) is questionable.
Not disagreeing mate, but the Johnson blame is a bit silly now the numbers are out. Back to China, I don't think it's a new variant for although it sounds bad, we have to remember that these people have vitamin D deficiency due to being locked in their homes for three years, compromised immunity through wearing masks and not mixing for three years. and a crap vaccine that apparently the elderly haven't had.
FFS - have we not learnt any lessons from the last 3 years? We need early pro active measures in now not after the event!
And what would those measures be?

Last edited:
I think requiring a negative covid test before being allowed to enter is a reasonable measure to take. Especially if it is true that a very large number of passengers from a particular country are arriving infected.

I think requiring a negative covid test before being allowed to enter is a reasonable measure to take. Especially if it is true that a very large number of passengers from a particular country are arriving infected.
That seems logical, but we probably have thousands of Omicron carriers in the UK so would a few more make any difference?

Not disagreeing mate, but the Johnson blame is a bit silly now the numbers are out. Back to China, I don't think it's a new variant for although it sounds bad, we have to remember that these people have vitamin D deficiency due to being locked in their homes for three years, compromised immunity through wearing masks and not mixing for three years. and a crap vaccine that apparently the elderly haven't had.

Mandatory testing at point of departure never worked due to let’s say “ineptitude”. Testing at point of arrival in UK was a Govt farce - simplest but unpalatable for many is total ban on arrivals from China and it’s territories - Tough action but after witnessing the terrible after effects of Covid in respiratory wards first hand (covid was bad enough but the life term damage it’s done to people’s respiration and lung function is unbelievable- sorry but that’s my opinion!

Mandatory testing at point of departure never worked due to let’s say “ineptitude”. Testing at point of arrival in UK was a Govt farce - simplest but unpalatable for many is total ban on arrivals from China and it’s territories - Tough action but after witnessing the terrible after effects of Covid in respiratory wards first hand (covid was bad enough but the life term damage it’s done to people’s respiration and lung function is unbelievable- sorry but that’s my opinion!
Never apologise for having an opinion, as compromise through tolerant dialogue is how we make a better world :D

Nb: Had long Covid (weak lungs) for 18 months. I'm old, that's life...the young come first.

That seems logical, but we probably have thousands of Omicron carriers in the UK so would a few more make any difference?
For me it would be less about the danger of new variants and more about the much increased rate of infection amongst people in this country.

For me it would be less about the danger of new variants and more about the much increased rate of infection amongst people in this country.
Infections currently running at 2.5 million, which sounds about right as practically everyone I know has had it this month. On the up side, I don't know anyone that has been proper ill with it.

Just to add that I'd stop all Chinese coming here because they have no immunity and would take NHS beds...not really happy to pay twice for their mistakes.

Last edited:
Infections currently running at 2.5 million, which sounds about right as practically everyone I know has had it this month. On the up side, I don't know anyone that has been proper ill with it.

Just to add that I'd stop all Chinese coming here because they have no immunity and would take NHS beds...not really happy to pay twice for their mistakes.
That's a fair point G.

I hear on the radio some are labelling it as discriminatory. Extremely unhelpful guff that you get whenever there is talk of another country or race or whatever.

We should be discriminatory against people with covid regardless of who they are or where they are from.

That's a fair point G.

I hear on the radio some are labelling it as discriminatory. Extremely unhelpful guff that you get whenever there is talk of another country or race or whatever.

We should be discriminatory against people with covid regardless of who they are or where they are from.
Just heard that even the wealthy cannot get health care / hospital beds, but worryingly, these are the ones that can afford to fly here.

Back