Should the goals be made bigger?

Introduce a yellow card in the zone around the box, and they light the bonus up for five minutes . Other team gets a yellow in that time: Multiball!

Right.
So you accept that women are smaller than men and physically different.

So.
Women should have their sports adapted to be on an equal footing.

Now.
Welcome to the beginning of this thread which presumed you already accepted the blatantly obvious.

Ergo
Rather than making women's goals smaller, seeing as women are about the same size as men were when goal size was set (or so someone on the radio said) maybe men's goals should be made bigger.

But why?

BBC all day talking about this.

In women's football they think the goals should be made smaller but someone has said women are now the size men were when the goal size was determined so if anything the men's goal should be made bigger.
If the goals were 25 feet high, and 50 feet wide, Jill Scott would still find a way to miss the target with a header.

Surprised so many are against this when you think about it logically. Humans are much taller now then when the game was invented, perhaps the goal size should increase at the same percentage?

The same people ridiculing this idea are probably all for technology being used.

The same people ridiculing this idea are probably all for technology being used.

It doesn't need to be made bigger at all. It's the most bizarre suggestion as far as that topic goes. Like why the fuck would you change it because women think it should be bigger for men rather than smaller for women. Why change it all? This world cup has brought up all kinds of needless debates.

It doesn't need to be made bigger at all. It's the most bizarre suggestion as far as that topic goes. Like why the fuck would you change it because women think it should be bigger for men rather than smaller for women. Why change it all? This world cup has brought up all kinds of needless debates.

I agree it doesn't need to be changed at all. I haven't followed a second of the women's world cup and have absolutely no idea what's going on.

Keepers get protection that they never used to get, the balls are lighter than they used to be, average heights are up - overall keepers have it easier than they used to when the goal size was established so there is an argument for the goals being a tad bigger, but the game has a long established size and we aren't being overrun with 0-0 score lines so why fix what isn't broken?

It's a completely separate argument as to whether women should have smaller goals.

Humans are bigger so ergo to keep all things equal the goals should be. That could be argued. It isn't at all bizarre to at least consider it.

By definition a goal keeper now covers more of the goal than 50 years ago.

I'm not saying I agree it should be done, but I can completely see the argument for it.

I agree it doesn't need to be changed at all. I haven't followed a second of the women's world cup and have absolutely no idea what's going on.

I haven't watched any like, only seen the madness of equal pay.. Smaller goals for women, bigger for men. They are trying so hard to make women's football as equal as men's but in reality it just won't ever happen. It'll never gain the popularity it needs.

It's a completely separate argument as to whether women should have smaller goals.

Humans are bigger so ergo to keep all things equal the goals should be. That could be argued. It isn't at all bizarre to at least consider it.

By definition a goal keeper now covers more of the goal than 50 years ago.

I'm not saying I agree it should be done, but I can completely see the argument for it.

Why now though? If this world cup wasn't happening no one would give a shit about it, harsh reality of it all. Nowt needs to change.

Last edited:
Women's hurdles are shorter

This is the same

This.

Women also play much less tennis but demand the same pay.

It's the elephant in the room. Nobody will say it because it will be deemed sexists. But women are bad goalkeepers. The reason is that women are bad at angles and deciding on spaces. It's how their brains work. It's like the way men can't multi task or do 2 things at once.

Being tall has it's advantages but it's not a key component to being a goalkeeper. If it was someone like Jordan Pickford wouldn't have made it. It's about closing the angles, reactions and decision making. Something than Pickford is good at.

Making the goals bigger or smaller won't make a difference.

And their tits fly all owa.

Last edited:
I haven't watched any like, only seen the madness of equal pay.. Smaller goals for women, bigger for men. They are trying so hard to make women's football as equal as men's but in reality it just won't ever happen. It'll never gain the popularity it needs.

Why now though? If this world cup wasn't happening no one would give a shit about it, harsh reality of it all. Nowt needs to change.
You're probably right that one thing led to another in terms of why now, but I have heard it mooted before as well. Considered as part of a FIFA plot to get more goals or something.

If human growth continues they might have to increase in size at some point!

Generally speaking men are taller than women so probably something to do with technique.

Nothing to do with goal size imo

It is because women are shorter.

Same should apply to goals.

Women football is a joke, it will never reach the height of the men's game. One reason ,its just not very good. The quality is shocking.

Yes and much of that can be put down to them playing on a pitch that is too big and with goals that are too big.

Back