Should the goals be made bigger?

You're not understanding the basic premise that men are bigger and stronger than women so to have equal playing conditions the women's goal and pitch size should be smaller. You keep saying that women want the same pay for doing less but you are wrong. Women want the same pay for actually doing more.

The pitch and goal dimensions argument is a different thing again though unrelated to the purse.
What about if Caster Semenya decided to take up football?

You're not understanding the basic premise that men are bigger and stronger than women so to have equal playing conditions the women's goal and pitch size should be smaller. You keep saying that women want the same pay for doing less but you are wrong. Women want the same pay for actually doing more.

The pitch and goal dimensions argument is a different thing again though unrelated to the purse.

Equal pay has been hugely debated all over the Internet, especially since USA's 13-0 win.

It's a debate where there's clearly no right or wrong answers, just mere opinions.

No, if you stand in a goal the goal seems massive and I'm 6"1.

If woman want to make their goals smaller fair enough go for it, womans footie isnt taken as seriously as mens so they could play with a beachball for all I care.

I honestly don't see how hurdle size relates to playing football.

Disregarding the daft idea that the current goalpost size should be increased, current FA regs state under 17s and above should use full size goalposts.

Are we saying lasses football is equivalent to blokes under 17s?

The women's goals should be a bit smaller. The pitch should be a bit shorter and narrower. The pace of the game would be faster and players' touches would start to improve if they had less time on the ball.

BBC all day talking about this.

In women's football they think the goals should be made smaller but someone has said women are now the size men were when the goal size was determined so if anything the men's goal should be made bigger.

Interesting point. Eyesight is better too, although to counter both of these the ball moves quicker and less predictably

Footballers don't have equal pay it is meritocratic so I don't really get the equal pay thing anyway.

Prize money should be equal perhaps but I would accept that the revenues probably are disproportionate.

I don't think the money is about anything other than principle as it is abundantly clear that the women play for the sheer love of the sport and could teach a thing or two to the men about sportsperson like behaviour.
US women are also playing for $$$$$. Let’s not pretend it is all jumpers for goalposts.

The women's goals should be a bit smaller. The pitch should be a bit shorter and narrower. The pace of the game would be faster and players' touches would start to improve if they had less time on the ball.
Why not just give each side 13 or 14 players? Would also offer more opportunities to players.

Disregarding the daft idea that the current goalpost size should be increased, current FA regs state under 17s and above should use full size goalposts.

Technically it is somewhere around or below under 14s

Last edited:

Why do you think hurdles for women are lower than the hurdles for men?

Won't be long til blokes start "transitioning" in order play women's football (could you even get away with just "identifying" as a woman without getting the op?). They earn reasonable money these days so the incentive is there. If I was Phil Neville I'd be scouring the men's amater/semi-pro ranks for lads willing to do it - you know for a fact they'd be a class apart in women's football, especially the keepers.

It’s not the size of the goals that’s the problem it’s the size of the keepers, of a team picks a keeper who is not tall enough then that’s there problem, I can not see papa smurf starting for Man City next season as he is to small, tall smurf would be well ahead of him

Generally speaking men are taller than women so probably something to do with technique.

Nothing to do with goal size imo

Need smaller balls because their feet are smaller as well.

Oh, and don't forgot smaller stadiums. Not because of their size though, just because nobody goes to watch.

Match of the Day on Twitter

Keep the goals same size. Ban goalkeepers. Nobody notices anything different.

Last edited:
Should womens be smaller? I think they should yes, but then they can't bitch and moan about equal pay if their job is being made a little bit easier because they can't reach enough.
@HellsBells there’s points here I think.

Not sure where you stand on the equal pay for women in football. But recently I've seen the argument that it should be equal pay, and I've seen they want smaller goals. It's a job at the end of the day, where I work I work with men and women, both on the same pay. So why should it be any different in football?

Couldn't be further from the truth saying I basically can't tolerate women. I'm just saying it as I see it. It should be equal in every sense.
@HellsBells

Back