Should the goals be made bigger?

No. Because women would then be playing on a dimensionally equal pitch to men.

Bitch and moan?

A misogynist I see.

Not sure where you stand on the equal pay for women in football. But recently I've seen the argument that it should be equal pay, and I've seen they want smaller goals. It's a job at the end of the day, where I work I work with men and women, both on the same pay. So why should it be any different in football?

Couldn't be further from the truth saying I basically can't tolerate women. I'm just saying it as I see it. It should be equal in every sense.

No but I've seen they want equal pay, but smaller goals.

It's like tennis.. They play less sets, there was palavar of same prize money. Men and women should play the same.

Why are hurdles lower for women?
Why do you think women footballers should work harder?

Why are hurdles lower for women?
Why do you think women footballers should work harder?

I don't know why they are, but if men's are higher, meaning they have to work harder to get over a hurdle then they clearly deserve that bit more prize money. I don't think women should work any harder than men though, I believe they should have slightly smaller goals Tbf.

Last edited:
It's the elephant in the room. Nobody will say it because it will be deemed sexists. But women are bad goalkeepers. The reason is that women are bad at angles and deciding on spaces. It's how their brains work. It's like the way men can't multi task or do 2 things at once.

Being tall has it's advantages but it's not a key component to being a goalkeeper. If it was someone like Jordan Pickford wouldn't have made it. It's about closing the angles, reactions and decision making. Something than Pickford is good at.

Making the goals bigger or smaller won't make a difference.

What I think is that women goalkeepers are being held back by a lack of opportunity. It should be a rule that all Premier League teams, and their European equivalents, have to have a female goalkeeper. And they have to play every game, with other female keepers being on the bench in case of injuries.

Scottish teams get a by, in the hope that Celtic can finally win a second European Cup.

Last edited:
BBC all day talking about this.

In women's football they think the goals should be made smaller but someone has said women are now the size men were when the goal size was determined so if anything the men's goal should be made bigger.

If women want equal pay then they have to accept equal equipment (that said FIFA should stop fannying around with astro-turf)

I don't know why they are, but if men's are higher, meaning they have to work harder to get over a hurdle then they clearly deserve that bit more prize money. I don't think women should work any harder than men though, I believe they should have slightly smaller goals Tbf.

Right.
So you accept that women are smaller than men and physically different.

So.
Women should have their sports adapted to be on an equal footing.

Now.
Welcome to the beginning of this thread which presumed you already accepted the blatantly obvious.

Ergo
Rather than making women's goals smaller, seeing as women are about the same size as men were when goal size was set (or so someone on the radio said) maybe men's goals should be made bigger.

Right.

So.

Now.
Welcome to the beginning of this thread which presumed you already accepted the blatantly obvious.

Ergo
Rather than making women's goals smaller, seeing as women are about the same size as men were when goal size was set (or so someone on the radio said) maybe men's goals should be made bigger.

My main argument is the equal pay, I disagree that it should be, only if they are expecting smaller goals or whatever. Although this isn't what the thread is about.

I believe the goals are big enough for the men.. No reason to change make them bigger. If women happen to struggle in these sized goals, which some do. Then maybe they should make the smaller goals, like they do hurdles in athletics.

My main argument is the equal pay, I disagree that it should be, only if they are expecting smaller goals or whatever. Although this isn't what the thread is about.

I believe the goals are big enough for the men.. No reason to change make them bigger. If women happen to struggle in these sized goals, which some do. Then maybe they should make the smaller goals, like they do hurdles in athletics.

Footballers don't have equal pay it is meritocratic so I don't really get the equal pay thing anyway.

Prize money should be equal perhaps but I would accept that the revenues probably are disproportionate.

I don't think the money is about anything other than principle as it is abundantly clear that the women play for the sheer love of the sport and could teach a thing or two to the men about sportsperson like behaviour.

Right.

So.

Now.

Ergo
They entered the game presumably accepting the playing conditions as were, why should they want them changed now?

They entered the game presumably accepting the playing conditions as were, why should they want them changed now?

It's all swings and roundabouts really.. They can't be expecting equal pay in football or whatever at the same time of wanting things changed. Another huge debate that wouldn't of even been considered if it wasn't for the world cup getting the coverage it has.

It's all swings and roundabouts really.. They can't be expecting equal pay in football or whatever at the same time of wanting things changed. Another huge debate that wouldn't of even been considered if it wasn't for the world cup getting the coverage it has.

You're not understanding the basic premise that men are bigger and stronger than women so to have equal playing conditions the women's goal and pitch size should be smaller. You keep saying that women want the same pay for doing less but you are wrong. Women want the same pay for actually doing more.

The pitch and goal dimensions argument is a different thing again though unrelated to the purse.

Back