Should people be allowed to protest?

Not a chance imo. Every day some muppet is making a speech at the monument. It’ll make no difference at all. Some of them are on about bringing down the government. What then, we have these greasy, workshy hippies wrecking the place.

Personally I’d ban all forms of protest so people can have their breakfasts in peace.

Aye fuck democracy and fuck being a free nation.

Of course.

What people shouldn't be allowed to do is think they have a right to say and do anything they like because they disagree with something.
Hang on, a right to say what you like because you disagree with something is free speech, though.

You can’t get away from the consequences of what you say but you aren’t stopped from saying it.

No they’re not. You don’t know what they’re protesting for, do you?
So they had a banner saying ‘Get the tories out’

I used to work with two of them and they’re both ridiculous. They’re basically communists. Absolute mentalist women who rummage about in skips looking for stuff to recycle for their homes. Vegans obviously.

So they had a banner saying ‘Get the tories out’

I used to work with two of them and they’re both ridiculous. They’re basically communists. Absolute mentalist women who rummage about in skips looking for stuff to recycle for their homes. Vegans obviously.
Jesus. That’s a lot of communists there today. Who knew there were so many.

I can't help noticing that in that last photo they appear to be dressed in paramilitary uniforms ? Combat boots with the bottoms correctly bloused into fatigues, face masks etc. They have a right to protest but I though it was against the law to dress in a paramilitary style ?

I can't help noticing that in that last photo they appear to be dressed in paramilitary uniforms ? Combat boots with the bottoms correctly bloused into fatigues, face masks etc. They have a right to protest but I though it was against the law to dress in a paramilitary style ?

Is it really ?

Didn’t know that mind :eek:

Is it really ?

Didn’t know that mind :eek:

Well you're obviously not allowed to carry a weapon but if you dress in full combats , a full face balaclava and a beret then I think it's likely the police would check you out when you walked into the Civic Centre ?

Well you're obviously not allowed to carry a weapon but if you dress in full combats , a full face balaclava and a beret then I think it's likely the police would check you out when you walked into the Civic Centre ?

Against the law though ( obviously not counting a weapon) ?

I’d charge the fuckers for looking ridiculous mind

Man fined for wearing military uniform

These parades by people in masks break the law... so what are the police going to do about them? - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

"Such displays are illegal and the relevant legislation is Section 13 of the Terrorism Act 2000, which was passed at Westminster and applies across the United Kingdom.

It states: "A person in a public place commits an offence if he (a) wears an item of clothing, or (b) wears, carries, or displays an article in such a way or in such circumstances as to arouse reasonable suspicion that he is a member, or supporter, of a proscribed organisation."

Against the law though ( obviously not counting a weapon) ?

I’d charge the fuckers for looking ridiculous mind

They look intimidating rather than ridiculous.

Last edited:
Man fined for wearing military uniform

These parades by people in masks break the law... so what are the police going to do about them? - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

"Such displays are illegal and the relevant legislation is Section 13 of the Terrorism Act 2000, which was passed at Westminster and applies across the United Kingdom.

It states: "A person in a public place commits an offence if he (a) wears an item of clothing, or (b) wears, carries, or displays an article in such a way or in such circumstances as to arouse reasonable suspicion that he is a member, or supporter, of a proscribed organisation."

They look intimidating rather than ridiculous.

Some of them do look ridiculous to be fair

Back