Should men be taller than their girlfriend?

I'd hazard a guess the op likes the opposite sex, and most of the replies have come from people who prefer the opposite sex too and are sharing their experiences/preferences of such a relationship.

We don't have to talk about same sex relationships if we don't want to, do we?
We need to talk about all relationships. How does a gender fluid being expect to function without knowing if they're/it is the correct height?

Isn't that the point of peer reviews?
Yeah that's a load of bollocks as well, research papers deliberaldel written in a way that's inaccessible to the general public but people can take whatever conclusions they want from them, happens all the time even with drug trials which should really be bomb proof with the safeguards apparently in place.

Has anyone pointed out the outdated sexism inherent in this thread? Why are we not asking the question whether same sex couples should be the same height or does one need to be taller than the other in order to conform to the 'norms' of masculinity?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

f***ing hell

Last edited:
Yeah that's a load of bollocks as well, research papers deliberaldel written in a way that's inaccessible to the general public but people can take whatever conclusions they want from them, happens all the time even with drug trials which should really be bomb proof with the safeguards apparently in place.
Should an academic research paper be accessible to the general public? The summary and conclusions, sure. Not the whole thing though.

I said peer review, not general public review :p

Should an academic research paper be accessible to the general public? The summary and conclusions, sure. Not the whole thing though.

That's the problem though isn't it, done academic drawing their own conclusions and having control on how people see the world isn't science, it's just control. No different to the Catholic church deliberately keeping the Bible in Latin ;)

That's the problem though isn't it, done academic drawing their own conclusions and having control on how people see the world isn't science, it's just control. No different to the Catholic church deliberately keeping the Bible in Latin ;)
I just don't think me not understanding something is a good reason not to do it, I'm sure it's suitable for the intended audience.

Totally agree to a certain extent. You could have a paper that looks at shows causes of hair loss that finds a slight correlation between cat ownership and mail pattern baldness in a small group study. By the time it goes from journals, to papers, to Facebook, it looks very different.

It wouldn't surprise me it @CatRyan's comment about lads never being shorter than their mothers started through something simular.

@Lewberry pie has a good point though. There have been discussions/articles in recent years about the validity of peer reviews. There are biases that occur with regards of subject, author, and trends of "current thought" have influence on what can be considered valid/true work is the argument.

Adding to the original question. Would anybody be bothered if their lass/lad earned more than them? Never understood the issue myself but you hear people having problems dealing with it.

If she earned significantly more than me I’d hope to quit my job and move in with her so I could become a lady who lunched tbh.

is it not of question of do you find small men attractive? or are you a height nazi?

*** note im not a short arse and dont really care if your anti-small blokes

some ladies seem to have a minimum height requirement ... is that a hardwired genetic need?

It’s a weird one. I’ve known one girl who always maintained she’d never go out with someone under 6 foot.

Fair enough like, but I can’t help but feel people might exclude someone who they’d have a brilliant time with for the sake of an inch or two (ooo-err) of height.

“Oh yeah, you’re actually really good looking, extremely interesting and make me laugh. Sadly you’re 5’11.5” so bye.”

Same with blokes who do similar ludicrous things.

Last edited:
Went out with black lass briefly who was the same height as me, tallest lass I've been with.

She made a point of never wearing heels around me because she said I was a short arse. I wouldn't have cottoned on had she not said anything. The whore.

The best thing about this is she is literally a prostitute. A prostitute from Dagenham.

If it was funded by the taxpayer then absolutely.

You know that academics often have to pay the journal money (from the taxpayer) to publish their work so that the journal can then charge people again for accessing it.

Academic publishing is a f***ing con.

Isn't that the point of peer reviews?

The peer review process is pretty f***ing far from even being effective, let alone perfect. In fact, it’s so politicised it can never actually work properly.

Pre-prints which are crowd reviewed by the community, with the underlying data freely available, are the way forward.

Back