Should coroners prioritise cases based on the religion of the deceased?

Jewish community leaders in North London are calling for a coroner to quit as she is refusing to prioritise cases based on religion.

In Judaism and Islam, bodies should be buried on the day of death or very soon after.

However the coroner has said she won’t allow cases to take priority based on the religion.

This is causing some consternation within the local Jewish community.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42746735

Jewish community leaders in North London are calling for a coroner to quit as she is refusing to prioritise cases based on religion.

In Judaism and Islam, bodies should be buried on the day of death or very soon after.

However the coroner has said she won’t allow cases to take priority based on the religion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42746735

Is this honestly what you do on a Friday night?

Strange one. Are the deaths involved needing investigation?

If not , I don't see why a coroner is involved?

It can take a while before an inquest is conducted and that wait is painful enough for any family but prioritising an inquest based on religion just means those who are non-religious will have to wait and suffer longer. Until the inquest is complete the funeral can't take place. So no, why should non-believers be made to suffer longer. Evidence from a pathologist can also take time so that would need to be also prioritised.

Last edited:
When in Rome................................
or anywhere else for that matter follow the local rules or dont go has always been my principal for holidays, and would be more so if it was to live there

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-eng

[URL]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42746735

land-london-42746735[/URL]

Fuck them, she's absolutely spot on, Jew, Muslim, JC and the nailers fan, Lizard worshipper or whatever nonsense some idiot believes in has zero priority for her and rightfully so.

Fuck them, she's absolutely spot on, Jew, Muslim, JC and the nailers fan, Lizard worshipper or whatever nonsense some idiot believes in has zero priority for her and rightfully so.

If an inquest is needed then something about the cause of death needs to be established. How can you guarantee that justice is served if the evidence is disposed of so quickly. They can complain about their human rights not being fulfilled but what about the human rights of the deceased person? Inquests can also have far reaching consequences for the wider community if the coroner decides that due procedure has not been followed by any organisations involved in the death. The coroner can make recommendations and express concerns that could affect all of us. You can't rush that process.

we've known for years it's not a big thing nowadays tbh
I see what you did there

Very witty and, if I may say so, incredibly intelligent and original of you.

I’d tip my bowler hat in your direction if it hadn’t been blown off on the 7.42 to Waterloo yesterday.

And if you weren’t such an unfunny, unoriginal, unintelligent kernt anarl

If an inquest is needed then something about the cause of death needs to be established. How can you guarantee that justice is served if the evidence is disposed of so quickly. They can complain about their human rights not being fulfilled but what about the human rights of the deceased person? Inquests can also have far reaching consequences for the wider community if the coroner decides that due procedure has not been followed by any organisations involved in the death. The coroner can make recommendations and express concerns that could affect all of us. You can't rush that process.

???

Have you misread or just backing me up???

Either way <highfive>

This ,

If they don’t like it they can fuck off and live in the country of there origin where a religious state peddles their shit .Thats the answer the op wants ...

Back